What's new

300 Blackout Ammo info

Hathcocked

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So just acquired and repurposed an AR pistol into an 8” 300Blackout that will be almost always wearing a griffin GP7. I haven’t messed with 300 blackout besides some occasional shooting of a friends.
Those of you that have, what ammo have you had good luck with (both subs and supers) primary purpose will be compact truck gun for critters including Hogs. I’ve done a lot of reading and ballistic gel is great but I’d like first hand info from folks that actually use it for keeling.
Pic for attention

Attachments

• 1025ACEC-1CCB-4CFF-83BA-DB83428FA6D1.jpeg
    1025ACEC-1CCB-4CFF-83BA-DB83428FA6D1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
I used to load 147s to 1900-2000ish FPS (16" barrel) and they work great. A lot of folks will run 110 or 125 around 2200+.

Barnes TacTX seems to be the gold standard for hunting supers. I can attest they work amazing on piggies so would imagine they would also do the deed for most anything else. Pigs/300blk is what got me into the AR platform.

Barnes TacTX seems to be the gold standard for hunting supers. I can attest they work amazing on piggies so would imagine they would also do the deed for most anything else. Pigs/300blk is what got me into the AR platform.
Ive read a lot of good things about the TacTx and that’s good to hear that their field performance matches the ballistic tests