What's new

6mm ARC loaders?

Sumoj275

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well if planned to have had my 6mm ARC built by now but like so many times things get in the way. Between holidays, sick, and a lot of other it’s about to come together as soon as I get a matched upper and lower.
Anyway, for gas guns what are you guys liking bullet wise and powder wise? So far I have 60 rds of Hornady Black picked up for it but that will be break in material.
Thanks

Im shooting Berger 105’s in my 6 ARC. I don’t remember the charge weight but my ES is in the 7’s and using LeveRev for powder. 22 in barrel
Poop Batman that is a nice ES.

Well if planned to have had my 6mm ARC built by now but like so many times things get in the way. Between holidays, sick, and a lot of other it’s about to come together as soon as I get a matched upper and lower.
Anyway, for gas guns what are you guys liking bullet wise and powder wise? So far I have 60 rds of Hornady Black picked up for it but that will be break in material.
Thanks
The dude (David) that kinda manages the Bench Rest Range at the Club has done a ton of ARC stuff with his gas gun. Let me reach out to him and see what bullet/powder he has been running. My guess would be Hornady Brass and probably a Hornady Bullet. I'll respond when I have some info from him.

Im shooting Berger 105’s in my 6 ARC. I don’t remember the charge weight but my ES is in the 7’s and using LeveRev for powder. 22 in barrel
I started playing with that for my 30-30. Lord that does that stuff meter and fall like glass in a case. I have a funny feeling that Federal is using it or a blend like it for their 150 Barnes TSX loading. 5 shots over the Garmin with the Federal load was about 8 FPS off from 5 shots of my loading with LEVERevolution with the same bullet.

Thanks
My rifle didn’t like hornady back factory ammo. Mine did better with match. The only brass you can get right now is hornady. I will say get the metal Grendel mag feed the best for me. JP and Grendel hunt have the best bolts. Make sure you get an adjustable gas block.

I’m adding a link to where I got my bolt and mag.

Thinking of selling my 6ARC. Bolt rifle just interest more I guess. Its a shooter but it doesn’t like factory ammo.

Thinking of selling my 6ARC. Bolt rifle just interest more I guess. Its a shooter but it doesn’t like factory ammo
My Bergara 6.5 was the same way. It has a ton of freebore and didn't like anything that jumped less than .076". I'm still on the fence on the ARC mainly due to brass availability

My Bergara 6.5 was the same way. It has a ton of freebore and didn't like anything that jumped less than .076". I'm still on the fence on the ARC mainly due to brass availability
I’m getting good sd and es out of a gas gun from reloading. But took 200 rounds of loaded ammo just to get the brass. It groups great. I don’t know I’ll set on it and if someone offers for the right price I’ll let it go.