What's new

Annealing

I'm really getting into that Hornady Pod Cast. The one where they did the visual on powder through the barrel was eye opening

Couple of the guys did mention that they don't anneal each firing. I have no hard data to prove or disprove that, but my brain says each time or no time to keep it consistent?

I'm really getting into that Hornady Pod Cast. The one where they did the visual on powder through the barrel was eye opening

Couple of the guys did mention that they don't anneal each firing. I have no hard data to prove or disprove that, but my brain says each time or no time to keep it consistent?
I would say each time. Each time you fire and re size. The brass gets harder. So you never have consistent brass. That’s just me thinking about it.

I would say each time. Each time you fire and re size. The brass gets harder. So you never have consistent brass. That’s just me thinking about it.
Yes sir. So far, I have not noticed a change in POI, ES or velocity on my X-Bolt in .308. I've been running SP Alpha OCD and have 6 loadings on them