What's new

Colt Single Action Army... Almost

OK Corgi Rancher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I can't afford a SAA in .45LC but I've always wanted one. I've also always wanted a Colt Frontier Scout in .22. I came across a NIB condition Peacemaker .22LR/.22Mag at the Ada Gun Show and bought it. The guy also had a Frontier Scout in similar condition but it had a 6.5" barrel and I didn't care for that. The Peacemaker .22 is nearly an identical, scaled-down version of the full size SAA with a steel frame, real case-colored receiver and the same look. Of course the firing mechanism is altered for rimfire cartridges.

This one was made in 1975 so it'll be 50 years old next year. The gentleman I bought it from said he's owned it for 35 years and never fired it...he's a collector only. There's no evidence I can see that it's been fired outside the factory. But that's about to change.

I'm gonna take this baby up to the range in a few minutes and fire a few rounds thru each cylinder. Now I have to find a good-looking cowboy holster for it. Then I can get my John Wayne on...pilgrim.

SmB.jpgSmC.jpgSmK.jpg

They're pretty fun to shoot. I have one with both cylinders also...not as pretty as yours but the case color is still really nice. Shoot CBs or Colibris out of it, lot's of fun.

Well it ain't as pretty as it was but it's a lot of fun to shoot. The wife and I just finished up with a little range time. We shot the Colt and a few others. She wants something with a little more capacity than the G42 she carries. So she tried out a Ruger LCP Max and the S&W Bodyguard 2.0. The S&W is a pretty slick little gun. I've read a lot of people say the sights on their gun from the factory were a little off. This one is no exception. Shoots left about 2" from 10 yards. I'll give the front a little tap and try it again. Aside from that, no problems. We're gonna practice with it a little more then I think it'll become her new carry gun. I may have to get a 2nd one...

I haven't shot a single action revolver in I can't even remember how long but the Colt made it easy. My first target with the Colt. .22LR in the center (that flyer was all me), .22Mag on the two left targets, from 10 yds. Wife's target...her first time ever shooting a single action revolver...is in the second picture.

Target 1.jpg

Target 2.jpg

I'll be honest... I'm a little jealous my wife shot the damn thing as well as I did. She was just saying yesterday she wants me to teach her how to run the backhoe on our little tractor.

Hell, no... If she wants to dig a hole for my corpse she's gonna have to dig it by hand.

Thank you. Now I just need to get some center fire counterparts. I’ve got my dad’s nickel scout as well. It’s beat all to hell. I’d eventually like to have it refurbished. Does anyone know a place that does good work on colts?

Triple k makes a suitable holster for a reasonable price. Theyre pretty plain Jane, but that’s what I like. I have two of them. For more compact carry, a j frame holster with an open barrel end fits these pretty well too. That’s what I carry mine in now.

Thank you. Now I just need to get some center fire counterparts. I’ve got my dad’s nickel scout as well. It’s beat all to hell. I’d eventually like to have it refurbished. Does anyone know a place that does good work on colts?

You might check with the Colt Custom Shop. I haven't used them, but I sent a nickled S&W 29 off to the S&W custom shop to have the nickel stripped and a high-polish blue job. Most fantastic gun work I've personally ever seen at a very reasonable price.

Sweet

Now you need a decent 22lr lever rifle, these savage revel's in classic & deluxe will be done in 17hrfm & 22mag also.
msrp $440/$540.
1000002940.jpg1000002942.jpg1000002944.jpg1000002945.jpg1000002943.jpg1000002941.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm.

Yes,
I'm full up on 22lr rifles & handguns too.

I need to thin the herd of the less used, so I can refill their spots with the wants I never bought cause I really didn't need.

Beautiful revolvers in this thread! I’ll try to remember to get a pic of mine tomorrow. As far as recommendations for having one refurbished, you might want to join the Colt Forum. There’s quite a bit of knowledge on that site, and I’m sure that someone could point you in the right direction.

I've got a New Frontier with both cylinders in 4 3/4". I always the Frontier Scout, but I never could find one in 4 3/4. I'm jealous!!!