What's new

Hinderer Project X

SoonerP226

Reaction score
Trophy Points

The knife itself is decent but not jaw-dropping--it's basically a hard-use folder. What's nifty about it is the onboard takedown tool. It's kind of like the original 1911/1911A1 where everything you need to completely disassemble it (excluding staked parts) is a part of the pistol itself.

Several knife makers include the tool(s) to disassemble the knife, but this is the first one I've seen that actually stows the tool onboard. That's pretty cool. I don't know if it's $500 cool, but it's still pretty cool.

O/T, but it's who put out the video. Yall ever been to the SMKW store? Good lawd you can get into some trouble there. Easily spend hours there....and as much money as you want.

O/T, but it's who put out the video. Yall ever been to the SMKW store? Good lawd you can get into some trouble there. Easily spend hours there....and as much money as you want.
I haven't been, but I've seen their videos from inside the store. It's a bigun, alright. They just released a video tour of it:

I like Rick's knives, mainly his fixed blades, but I'm not a fan of the flipper blades. I like thumb stud openers that keep your hand on one position of the knife. Flippers are always in the way if you have a thumb stud or you have to use it with a forefinger to open. It basically requires two holds on the knife to open it, one to position your forefinger to flip, then back to holding it normal, or positioning it so the flipper doesn't hit your hand and stops the opening, then back to normal.

CRKT does this shit too
Rick does have a couple non-flipper knives that are pretty nice. I've played with them and they are very Emerson/Benchmade-ish. Just haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.

I have one, its ok. Im not too into hinderer, but i do find em ergonomic

I like Rick's knives, mainly his fixed blades, but I'm not a fan of the flipper blades. I like thumb stud openers that keep your hand on one position of the knife. Flippers are always in the way if you have a thumb stud or you have to use it with a forefinger to open. It basically requires two holds on the knife to open it, one to position your forefinger to flip, then back to holding it normal, or positioning it so the flipper doesn't hit your hand and stops the opening, then back to normal.

CRKT does this shit too
Rick does have a couple non-flipper knives that are pretty nice. I've played with them and they are very Emerson/Benchmade-ish. Just haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.
I really love the xm18 non flipper on washers. Mine is worn in and just lovely action wise