What's new

Rukus

JEVapa

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
Anyone seen one of these? A buddy of mine went to work for Benchmade way back and offered to sharpen it and clean it but leave as is. Benchmade asked if they could keep it for their “museum” and offered me any group of knives I wanted. He said they knew exactly what knife this was and where it came from and wanted it. Had to say no. It was a razor and super clean when I got it back though.IMG_1852.jpegIMG_1853.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes! What a cool knife. I'm not a serrated fan, but boy that looks awesome!

We assessed the first Infidel prototypes and a couple other auto knives they were submitting for NSNs. When all was done, later on, they gave us a healthy discount on whatever knife we wanted. I got this, TM SGT got an Infidel, and I don't remember the others. At the time, they were special order one-offs from their military sales guy - they put our initials on them and our crest. This was in 2006 and they weren't doing a lot of one-offs or kept track of them or something.
My buddy who went to work for them when he told me this left to Kryptek around 2013-2014 ish. He may have been bullshitting but it's a good story. The new mil sales guy they had in 2015, saw it and told me to put it in the safe and gave me a discount off my next one. He said the full-size Ruckus is almost impossible to find and when I look them up, they're more than some Randalls.
Now, all the laser etched custom knives are a dime a dozen and not so special anymore.

Can't tell for sure, but that looks like the 4 or 4.25 in. model. Don't remember how long they made the large one. I wasn't aware of a commemorative issue for this knife. I never got around to buying the big one. I did pick up a couple of the 3.6 inch version. One an auto and the other manual. What is it commemorating?

Rukus - Copy.jpg

It’s the big one. 4.25” blade. It’s a lot of knife but pretty comfortable to carry.
It’s not a commemorative.

They did come out with the Rukus II but it wasn’t as cool

Yeah I read your explanation after I posted about the insignia. I don't have hulk hands like you and I think that's why I never bought the big one. Just didn't fit me right. I think the smaller ones are still one of the most comfortable in hand folders I've ever held.

That looks like a kick ass knife. Big too. I like it. Never seen one before though

That’s pretty dang special on a lot of levels. I’m a fan of large folders myself. I don’t have have bear paws exactly, but I’ve always had and easier time holding on to a full grown knife. There are so few good ones made for some odd reason.

Anyone seen one of these? A buddy of mine went to work for Benchmade way back and offered to sharpen it and clean it but leave as is. Benchmade asked if they could keep it for their “museum” and offered me any group of knives I wanted. He said they knew exactly what knife this was and where it came from and wanted it. Had to say no. It was a razor and super clean when I got it back though.View attachment 5687View attachment 5688
If you don't have anyone in line to inherit that, I'm willing to give it a forever home...