What's new

Super mega a-frame "plate rack"

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This has been a work in progress for a while. Roughly 5ft tall and 20ft wide, all structure is 1/4" stainless, formed to 6x2 C channel, with flanges at the ends and corners welded up. Should last a year or two I hope.
All targets are AR500...and I have enough of the stainless parts to make another one some day if I get to expand. Next up is some loads of dirt to expand the berm...but it's getting there.

20240902_133616.jpg

You probably did the even number problems too in math class didn’t you?

I have no idea what that means lol
When I was in school the textbooks had the solutions to the odd numbers in the back of the book so that’s what they assigned for homework. The overachievers did the even number problems too. There’s plate racks and then there’s THE plate rack. 😉

Hella nice looking setup!

To be fair, this is all "scrap" from work...I had them fab the brackets but tye "beams" were made for another project and 8 were scrapped, so I snagged them. I'm into the stainless (enough for 2 of these racks) for $20.
Spent more on hardware to finish it out than I did the actual structure.

That’s badass! Do they make hardware/chains intended for shooting?

Seen some people use rubber straps, they'll take a few hits. I just use chains because they're cheap and so are repair links. I start with harbor freight towing safety chains....gets ya 2 good hooks and 4ft of chain for $10 (less when on sale)....then cut to desired length and go from there. Repair links are 69 cents so keep a few handy and keep rocking.

Brackets after welding up (these were the $20) lol

IMG_20240901_214547.jpg

Each end is one bracket and one beam cut in half to make two legs. This pic you can see there's carriage bolt holes in the flange of the c-channel, I used those holes on the crossbeams to put eyelet ring bolts in. Just washers and nuts ok both sides.

20240901_180207.jpg