What's new

Think I just found the next love of my life

Kingfish

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I gotsta get me one of these. Didn't know they even existed until I started looking at the 500 Bushwhacker round. The 500 auto max isn't quite as stout, but this one comes in an AR platform. For all you lever lovers (of which I am one) check out their offerings. They are beautiful.

Look good but, I couldn't afford to shot one. 3-5 bucks per round.
Actually Steinel makes a variety of rounds in the $2.25-$2.50 range. Still high but acceptable considering it's a special purpose weapon. I don't see me putting a lot of rounds down range through it. I'd mostly use it for the occasional armadillo that starts plowing up my yard.

I guess I didn’t see the fallout there. I saw the post and thought it was silly. But never read through it

Mini 14 i had would do approx 3.5" 5 shot group at 100yrds,

Put a lot of rounds through it with no issues, traded it for a pistol

Does that blurb actually say it can put 50 BMG power on target?

I hate shit like that. I wouldn't buy one based on that marketing alone.

Does that blurb actually say it can put 50 BMG power on target?

I hate shit like that. I wouldn't buy one based on that marketing alone.
Not sure what blurb you are referring to. A video I watched yesterday said 3 shots from this gun delivers the same energy on target as a 50 BMG which sounds about right. But I guess someone could claim 20-30 rounds from a 223 delivers the same energy. I'd have to do math to verify that, but it's too early to bother with.

So, just out of curiosity and bored while drinking my coffee, I did the math with M33 ball ammo for the 50 BMG, which produces 12,400 foot pounds of energy according to a quick google search.

Buffalo Bore 500 Auto Max produces 2,770, so it would take 4 and 1/2 shots to equal the BMG

M855 produces 1,325 which would require 9 and 1/3 shots.

M80 produces 2,559 which would require just under 5 shots.

CCI Mini Mag produces 127 foot pounds, which means you would need to shoot the target roughly 97 times haha.

Wow… I just read the entire book. It had me on the edge of my seat. I laughed, I cried… I couldn’t put it down lol
I heard that Jack Carr based Red Sky Mourning on it.