What's new

Y'all like derringers?

Pochanaquarhip

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I have one. A .38spl. Not sure of brand though but it’s alright.

I handled a Bond Arms .45Colt/.410 the other day and that’s a solid little gun. I really liked it. Thought about getting one of my own.

Do yall have a derringer? What purpose does it serve you?

Never seen a discussion about them so figure I’d start one.

Sure Rick Derringer was a pretty good string bender. His album, all American boy was nice

About 25-30 years ago someone started making those little 4-pot “pepperbox” derringers in .22LR in stainless. It was a pretty cool little belly gun; it had four barrels and the firing pin rotated among them. It was only .22LR coming out of 2” of barrel, so it would probably have had a hard time dispatching a mouse beyond arm’s length, but if you used it as a last ditch survival tool and stuck it in some bad guy’s belly and pulled the trigger, they’d have a really bad day.

There were also the little North American Arms micro revolvers, also available as belt buckle guns. As I recall, you could get those in .22WMR, which would make a relatively potent last ditch survival tool.

I have been wanting to get a bond arms a buddy has one and he said it was a handful in 45

The only derringer I've ever fired was one of those fuckin' .45-70 beasts on a dare. Turns out it really wasn't as bad as I imagined.

When I was a little nipper I used to leave greasy nose prints on the display case staring at those derringers. I wanted one sooo bad because I had seen one used as a hideout in some western or another. I got old enough to drop the coin and figured out that I could get something else with more firepower for the same or less money and wouldn’t take as long to reload as a ‘58 Springfield .

Paladin carried one in Have Gun, Will Travel. He had it stowed behind the buckle of his gun belt.
Mighta been it. I remember in elementary school James West was sub MOA with his. Weird how he never needed three shots, evuh.

Warren Oates uses one in peter fonda's western flik "the hired hand"

Pretty decent western

Well for the same size as a Derringer (the pistol type this time) you can have a Seecamp, or PT-32 with 7 rounds instead of 2.

Well for the same size as a Derringer (the pistol type this time) you can have a Seecamp, or PT-32 with 7 rounds instead of 2.
Just a smidge bigger khar cw9, 40 & 45,

They make a smaller pocket model too.

Yeah, but Paladin never used a Seecamp to shoot the gun out of a bad guy’s hand.

I have an old High Standard .22 mag derringer. It keyholes at 7 yards. I call that a feature rather than a flaw...