What's new

Another Randall rip off

JEVapa

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
This dude apparently is either not smart, or he's tryna rip people off because of their lack of knife knowledge. This is a $600 knife from a dealer or a $750 knife from a flipper.
Oh yeah, in the Randall world and probably the rest of knife world, matching pair means fuck all if they aren’t numbered and don’t have some kind of documentation.

Don't fall for these dudes.

Last edited:
Ridiculous! Also, what is a BBQ gun outfit?
That’s where those dudes who grill in their backyard wear a bedazzled 1911 with engraving and nickel and shit. I guess it’s a thing in Texas and a few other places in the south.

That’s where those dudes who grill in their backyard wear a bedazzled 1911 with engraving and nickel and shit. I guess it’s a thing in Texas and a few other places in the south.

Idiots

If anyone ever wants to get one, let me know. I go through a guy in NC (for the last 22 years) and he takes 8 months to a year to get one at Randall pricing. They've been adding a couple extra months lately.

Same knife - $490

With a single feature (stag) - $85

For a total of $575. Most of the "Randall Tax", which is the upcharge a lot of people do because people don't wanna wait, would only be around $700. $750-$800 if you find someone desperate and in a hurry. This guy wants $1400 which is the price of a Stanaback Special with 10 features or something, actually higher. Crazy.

Best thing is to go to a dealer and order one or see what they have in stock and get one there. Some dealers carry mostly custom, and some may do Randall Pricing, and some have a relatively small upcharge, but nothing like the flippers and bullshitters do.

It’s a legit Randall, but not $1400 legit

Waitaminit—it was “never used in anyway,” yet it was carried in the leather sheath?
He's actually a legit BST guy on there. All that means is that it's been in the sheath. Never in a sheath? He could ask $900 and someone would probably pay it. They would not pay double though.

Kind of a dumb question I suppose, but does anyone actually use a Randall knife anymore besides JEVapa and a couple of folks he knows well? Seems like they mostly get churned by collectors and such.

Randy says Frig Off to that ridiculous price of his namesake’s knife (most don’t know but this is Randall’s long lost step son)
1716556643064.jpeg

On a serious note I never would have considered any knife at that price but it‘a strange that he’s trying to get so much for a knife he was gifted, that is only one of a two piece set.

And the BBQ gun thing, now that’s as dumb as anything I’ve ever heard.

On a serious note I never would have considered any knife at that price but it‘a strange that he’s trying to get so much for a knife he was gifted, that is only one of a two piece set.
That's bullshit that he says it was a matched set. They never do that without documentation. Matched sets are pretty much 100% of the time ordered by customer/dealer with serial numbers and some kind of docs for a special dealer custom or some shit like that. Otherwise, it's just two knives - this is his car salesman line to get you to believe it's special therefore worth the price he's asking.

Kind of a dumb question I suppose, but does anyone actually use a Randall knife anymore besides JEVapa and a couple of folks he knows well? Seems like they mostly get churned by collectors and such.
@KurtM has a nice model 25 he cuts up hogs with.

There are usually 2-3 camps on this.
1st, the people who actually use them for the woods, military, hunting, outdoors, etc, which is actually a lot of people. They usually get one for a specific purpose and use the shit out of them. Only later do they start buying more.
2nd, the aficionados/collectors and won't ever even put them in a sheath - any user they have would be some vintage knife from WW2, Korea, Vietnam, have some kind of provenance, etc.
3rd, a kind of mix, the collectors who have some user knives, or users who have a few collectible knives.

There is a 4th, the Flippers and the retards who buy from the Flippers. Everybody hates these fucks because they run prices high out of greed and impatience. Flippers order from Randall the max knives per month or whatever each month for years so they have a steady flow of knives coming in. Then they sell them on ebay and shit to the impatient people that either don't want to wait, or are too lazy and stupid to find a dealer and order one. This dude is trying to be one of these. There's the gray market, and then there's the fuckstick market.

Now, on the Randall groups on FB, they BST all the time and you can get pretty good deals, so if you ever wanted one, and don't have the patience to wait for an order from a dealer and have a few extra hundred to blow, then look there or Blade forums. Or, hit Wanenmacher, they always have some of the legit dealers/collectors there with tables full of knives.

If I were doing military or outdoorsman stuff, I’d buy a Randall and use it as the hard-use knife it was designed to be, and I’d do it without a second thought. As a plain ol’ dude who works in an office, I’d have a hard time justifying carrying a Randall as an EDC because my EDC tasks just don’t call for a knife like the Randalls I want. They’re are all in the 5-6” blade length range, plus their blade stock is thicker (heavier), so they just don’t lend themselves to the tasks I use my knives for on a daily basis. It’d be like trying to use a 100hp tractor to mow a city lot front yard—it could obviously do it, but there are better options for the task.

That doesn’t mean that I don’t want a Randall, though. I almost bought a Randall #2 about 25 years ago. It was a beautiful knife and it had my dad’s initials stamped on the blade, but I just couldn’t spare the cash at the time. I wish I could’ve found a way to make it work, but it just wasn’t meant to be.