What's new

Another Randall rip off

If I were doing military or outdoorsman stuff, I’d buy a Randall and use it as the hard-use knife it was designed to be, and I’d do it without a second thought. As a plain ol’ dude who works in an office, I’d have a hard time justifying carrying a Randall as an EDC because my EDC tasks just don’t call for a knife like the Randalls I want. They’re are all in the 5-6” blade length range, plus their blade stock is thicker (heavier), so they just don’t lend themselves to the tasks I use my knives for on a daily basis. It’d be like trying to use a 100hp tractor to mow a city lot front yard—it could obviously do it, but there are better options for the task.

That doesn’t mean that I don’t want a Randall, though. I almost bought a Randall #2 about 25 years ago. It was a beautiful knife and it had my dad’s initials stamped on the blade, but I just couldn’t spare the cash at the time. I wish I could’ve found a way to make it work, but it just wasn’t meant to be.
They have little knives that people edc all the time. the gambler is one

They have little knives that people edc all the time. the gambler is one
It seems like they used to have mini versions of most of their knives, but when I was on their site, I only found a few (admittedly, it has been a long time since I’ve perused a Randall catalogue, so I may be misremembering the minis). The #2 had a mini, but its lines don’t look as good as the full size #2 to me.

I may have to grab one of the full catalogs, or at least try browsingg their site on a computer instead of this phone…

@JEVapa the price you listed above, is that sort of the baseline for most of their models? 2 years ago I’d never have considered one but that seems relatively reasonable now. Damned inflation, welcome to Weimerica.

@JEVapa the price you listed above, is that sort of the baseline for most of their models? 2 years ago I’d never have considered one but that seems relatively reasonable now. Damned inflation, welcome to Weimerica.
Go to https://randallknives.com/ and find a knife you like and customize it how you want. Add up the base price plus the price of each feature (option). You can get up to 5 features max.

That'll give you what the Randall price is and add 20%-30% ish for the mark up people do. If you go through someone like Nordic knives, AG Russell, Stanaback, you won't pay as much and it'll be about 8-10 months (not 6 years like direct from Randall) and you get exactly what you want. My Randall crack dealer is in Fayettenam and he's taking about 8-10 months, but I don't pay a penny over Randall prices except for shipping.