What's new

CR

Yes it is. It's a big ass razor blade too. This one's just for looking at though

A friend of mine was a stocking dealer for Chris Reeve when CR was getting started back in the late ‘90s. His knives were well out of my price range at the time, but they were cool, and everyone commented on how sharp they were. My friend said CR told him that it was a good thing people were asleep during surgery because of how relatively dull scalpels were.

One guy who came into the shop took a look at them and said they were sharper than the head knives he used in leatherwork. He said his head knives were sharp enough that a friend of his tried to shave the hair on his arm and managed to shave off a quarter-sized chunk of skin instead…

Pacific, right? I have several crk folders, no fixed blades, but always liked the looks of them!

Pacific, right? I have several crk folders, no fixed blades, but always liked the looks of them!
This is a Yarborough. I have a 1st SFG knife which is where the Pacific came from. I did buy a commercial Pacific for my kid when he graduated.

Last edited:
CR himself has a pretty interesting story. He’s originally from Rhodesia (IIRC; he’s from one of the former African colonies that had a bloody civil war), and moved to the US after it fell. My friend who met him said he had some pretty horrific stories to tell about what happened.

I thought he was South African. His early knives, like his hollow handled survival knives were mostly South African made and command insane prices. But, he was a high end knife maker before he emigrated to Idaho.

Last edited:
I thought he was South African.
Could be, but the stories related to me sounded more like events that happened in Rhodesia. Of course, it has been a quarter century since they were related to me, so there’s that…

They are very very nice! Not a fidget toy for those who neednthat, but solid, reliable knives!
Well I’m actually really hard on knives.
I use them for literally what I need it for at the time. I do not baby them like most. I have. Couple knives I keep in the safe that I’m not allowed to carry because the wife doesn’t want me to mess them up. Instead of a wedding ring she got me a knife! I’ll have to post it in the knife section and let y’all critique it.

There’s a bunch of reviews on u tub on the Pacific and the Green Beret. Pro—Tip, I FF them to see if the utuber is a desk jockey or looks like he’s about to die and discard those. If you don’t look like you know how to use a knife, what would I get from it?

Pacific

Green Beret
These dudes are kinda douchey but a good video

Last edited:
I thought he was South African.
FWIW, Wikipedia says he’s from South Africa. The stories related to me may have been from his military service, which apparently took place during their border war.