What's new

I joined the 300 win mag club

Cowcatcher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
Found this today and thought it looked like it wanted to live with me. Bergara b14 ridge wilderness in 300 win mag. Never owned this caliber before. I have shot a friends Browning quite a bit. Rifle is used. Guy thought he put maybe 25 rounds through it. Came with 20 rounds of Barnes tipped bullets. Gotta get a base, rings and optic for it to see if I like it.
E2998CD8-CD33-40B1-82BC-CCFEF6846BFA.jpegA95FAA1B-C4B3-490E-A389-09A39804E45E.jpegF8BE9D1D-E851-46C1-A7F1-D72314ADBAA4.jpeg

Nice! I love a 30 cal whore.

Was that the one off Armslist today? I see one in 300 WM and would have messaged him had I not been balls deep in .300 PRC

I have some really expensive ammo for that, lol

Nice! I love a 30 cal whore.

Was that the one off Armslist today? I see one in 300 WM and would have messaged him had I not been balls deep in .300 PRC
Yep it was. It worked out good. Caught the listing fresh and he was gonna be driving within a couple miles of my house and he was negotiable on price so hell it was meant to be.

I have some really expensive ammo for that, lol
It’s definitely going to be one I reload for. I can’t imagine I’ll enjoy plinking with it like I do my others so surely I can keep enough ammo for it. Lol

Yep it was. It worked out good. Caught the listing fresh and he was gonna be driving within a couple miles of my house and he was negotiable on price so hell it was meant to be.
Good deal. I love those type of deals. I scored into one this weekend on a 30-30.

That yours? Or did you do a Rickn and grab something off the internet?

@Cowcatcher believe it or not, I think I have some ammo for that I’ll sell you cheap. I wound up with some and have no use for it

I love that caliber and that's a nice looking rifle. Not my favorite hunting rifle caliber, but a close second. But, since I no longer hunt elk, I have no use for one. So why do I feel the need to buy every .300Win Mag rifle I see? Now that I think about it, I want to buy every gun I see. I may need a 12-step program.

That is a sweet looking rifle.

Hell my 300wm only gets used when i feel the game needs a fast moving 200gr .308dia bullet.

If i need lighter weighted .308 bullets i'll use a 308win

I love that caliber and that's a nice looking rifle. Not my favorite hunting rifle caliber, but a close second. But, since I no longer hunt elk, I have no use for one. So why do I feel the need to buy every .300Win Mag rifle I see? Now that I think about it, I want to buy every gun I see. I may need a 12-step program.
There is one I'm kinda working a deal on right now. I have two 300 PRC's and zero need for a Win Mag. Why am I the way that I am 😳

I thought the 300prc was basically supposed to replace the 300wm much like the 7prc replacing the 7mm rem mag.

I never liked head spacing off the belt of these belted magnums so you may want to set them up to head space off the shoulder. I also don’t know how much case capacity if any one may loose with the longer ELDX/M and VLD bullets. Im sure the chambers that are being cut for the 300wm don’t have the necessary lead for the longer bullets nor is the mag long enough to push the bullet further out of the case.

With all that being said, the 300wm is still a very good round, both in hunting and long range shooting.