What's new

Lots of 223 brass at OKCGC

KurtM

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The July rifle.match was last Saturday. There is bunches of once fired 223 brass scattered out on the action pistol bays at OKC Gun club. Just a public service announcement for those of you who go out there and scrounge once fired Federal brass😁
Matter of fact on on my way to generate more!

Probably a stupid question, but how do you determine if it’s been fired only once?

I’m a brass goblin so I would have been on my knees for hours picking up that shit.

Maybe that makes me a brass whore.
Pretty sure there is a acorn picker upper roller tool that works samey same for picking up brass.

But if spending hours on your knee's floats your boat,

then more power to you captain stubing of her majesties royal ship knee shuffler

Pretty sure there is a acorn picker upper roller tool that works samey same for picking up brass.

But if spending hours on your knee's floats your boat,

then more power to you captain stubing of her majesties royal ship knee shuffler

I use a nut picker thing that rolls on the ground but it only works on concrete. On caliche it picks up every little fucking rock there is. This is at my local range. Not sure what OKCGC even looks like but I was told by one reloader that a certain brass picker tool will not work there.

Last edited:
I use a nut picker thing that rolls on the ground but it only works on concrete. On caliche it picks up every little fucking wrong there is. This is at my local range. Not sure what OKCGC even looks like but I was told by one reloader that a certain brass picker tool will not work there.
Dirt. A metric shit ton of it on the Action

Screenshot_20240731_201630_Instagram.jpg

I use a nut picker thing that rolls on the ground but it only works on concrete. On caliche it picks up every little fucking wrong there is. This is at my local range. Not sure what OKCGC even looks like but I was told by one reloader that a certain brass picker tool will not work there.
That why you take your kids with you to teach them to learn how to shoot,

After shooting while you're smoking & loading up the gear the kids are picking up the brass where later st the house you teach them to separate it where you can teach them to reload.

RO'ing is pretty simple. What's nice is if you don't want to run a timer or score, you can just paste and help setup/tear down.

Rick (Mad professor) will be hitting everyone up to volunteer closer to October if you're interested. RO's get some free shit and can win some guns and stuff for helping.

You can also shoot on Friday with just the RO's at your own pace to get a feel for it. Most everyone is cool as shit. I hate people, but I enjoy the shit out of those 3-4 days.

I was really looking forward to it last year but got trumped by some other family shtuff. What are the dates this year? I was informed a couple of hours ago that every weekend in October is spoken for and none of them have anything to do with bow hunting. 😢