What's new

Lots of deer & turkey

Ndenway

Reaction score
Trophy Points
See a Shit load of šŸ¦Œ everywhere,

Got a velvet 5 pointer hang out with the does in my yard, they see us so much they just stand & watch me walk to my truck & drive off.

šŸ¦ƒ Have bred well too, see several different flocks in the fields & pastures on my drive north to i40.

Got a red vixen been in neighborhood for couple years now, she checks the yards & bbq pit areas, she'll only run if you move to fast or towards her.

Yotes & bobcats are kinda thick too, but more townies live out here now & try to be hobby farmers so chickens, rabbits & goats are abundant for the wild carnivores to eat.

One of the few things I miss about living in a big apartment complex or the outskirts of the city: foxes. Theyre so cool and interesting to watch. Theyre like a coyote banged a bobcat, but prettier than both (reds anyway). I very rarely see them outside of suburban areas anymore. There are a few in my current neighborhood, Iā€™ve found their tracks and crap, but havenā€™t laid eyes on one yet.

And good deal on the Turkey recruitment. ā€œMyā€ flock didnā€™t fair as well this year as it did last. Still an increase, but not as many as last year.

I Wish I had deer in my backyardā€¦

Hereā€™s a couple of pics from earlier this month. Iā€™ve got one hen thatā€™s been hanging around the feeder. Iā€™ve heard some others but havenā€™t got pics of them yet.
DAF4DC93-694F-4C25-8336-929AE8951559.jpegC3912813-F54F-4BE2-80C8-EA795D516B6E.jpeg9E232942-1B6A-4DA9-A812-C571D75F2CCB.jpeg