What's new

Official Wait Time Thread?

Nada. Zip. Zilch.

We're 16 business days in and not a peep.

I'm gonna be a 6 months guy, or longer. I can feel it in my old brittle bones. Sonsabitches.

Nada. Zip. Zilch.

We're 16 business days in and not a peep.

I'm gonna be a 6 months guy, or longer. I can feel it in my old brittle bones. Sonsabitches.
Remember this is the federal government you are dealing with. There was a federal holiday since you filed. That means nobody did anything the week before or the week after.

Remember this is the federal government you are dealing with. There was a federal holiday since you filed. That means nobody did anything the week before or the week after.

Yeah, I didn't count weekends or Memorial Day, but I failed to factor in the week before and week after, so I guess realistically it's only been 6 or 7 days.

I feel much better now.

Are you all using trusts or individual? The single item trust seems to be the most popular but I've heard the wait times are longer.

Are you all using trusts or individual? The single item trust seems to be the most popular but I've heard the wait times are longer.

I did individual.

See the link I posted earlier. It has some info on wait time for different forms.

There is also this directly from the ATF, if you don't mind risking them mining all your data when you visit their web site, cause I know they're doing it.

I feel like my personal ATF Agent should give me a courtesy call or email at least updating me on the status. Thoughtless bastard.

So the ones we submitted on 2/28 were approved on 5/6. The ones we submitted at the end of December 2023 are still pending due to the FBI dragging their feet on the NCIS check. Ridiculous. These are individual Form 5s for three different people. Once we get those done, we have to do the process again to get them into a family trust. SMH.

Still nada. Maybe I should cool it with the ATF bashing here and on the tweeters.

Rotten bastards.

I'm going to go ahead and order a couple more, maybe 3. Thinkin' I'll get a 9, a 30 cal and the Griffin Micro.

I'm also going to have to start rounding up some firearms with threaded barrels, cause I don't own very many and none in 9 or .30.

Well, 2 of the ones I submitted on 12/28 were approved, one on 7/5 and the other on 7/17. Just a bunch more to go. At least 2 of the 3 people involved have theirs. Ridiculous that people are getting their eforms back in days and we are stuck a nearly 8 months...

MF'ers

I'm probably on the no fly list too since the assassination attempt.

I don't think it's coming. Is there any valid reason for them to deny me an NFA if I can and do legally purchase & own firearms?

Still nada.

98 calendar days and 68 work days since I submitted, including day submitted and today.

I'm getting a little antsy. I don't know how you guys that waited 18 months or longer did it.

I did file for a UPIN, but I don't know if that will have any impact on future purchases or not.

Well, just to check my status, I bought a Rugged Obsidian on an eForm 4. Took like eight days from ordering can to approval. But the paper ones from December aren't approved yet... smh.

Jakeman, did you see any other options for resolution other than filing for a UPIN?