What's new

Plastic Boolits???

Wasn't that a fad from the eighties or so? where you primed sized brass, Seated the plastic bullet to use for indoor target practice

Wasn't that a fad from the eighties or so? where you primed sized brass, Seated the plastic bullet to use for indoor target practice

Pretty sure you use powder with these

The ones I saw used plastic cases and a live primer. The case was nearly solid, with just a hollow where the plastic projectile sat and a through-hole from the primer to the projectile. The ones I saw were all wadcutters in .38Spl, but there may have been more.

At 65gr, with anything approaching a normal powder load, those things must be screaming.

This post sounds like snake oil, though:
Unlike hollow points which must expand to achieve their desired terminal effect, non-expanding ARX projectiles are designed and proven to provide consistent terminal performance. Upon entering soft tissue, the specially designed grooves in the nose harness soft tissue and constrict, pressurize and eject it at 1.5 to 2 times the directional speed of the bullet. This is the well-known Venturi Effect. As the bullet penetrates, it tumbles in a controlled, predictable fashion that delivers consistent terminal performance that equals or exceeds conventional hollow-point designs without over-penetrating.

So how are you getting tumbling “in a controlled, predictable fashion?” Isn’t tumbling pretty much the opposite of controlled and predictable?

Are they lethal? Seriously, I don't know shit about them, so the question comes from not knowing, or ignorance if you will.

If they are, I'm not sure I see the point. I don't think you need to reinvent the wheel to come up with new ways to take a life. That's just me.

Are they lethal? Seriously, I don't know shit about them, so the question comes from not knowing, or ignorance if you will.
From the verbiage on their Web page, it sounds like they’re not intended to be “less than lethal” rounds. To me, they also seem like an answer that’s desperately seeking a question.

The ones I saw used plastic cases and a live primer. The case was nearly solid, with just a hollow where the plastic projectile sat and a through-hole from the primer to the projectile. The ones I saw were all wadcutters in .38Spl, but there may have been more.
That might be what it was,

but I though it was brass case with iircc 75 to150fps velocity.

At 65gr, with anything approaching a normal powder load, those things must be screaming.

This post sounds like snake oil, though:

So how are you getting tumbling “in a controlled, predictable fashion?” Isn’t tumbling pretty much the opposite of controlled and predictable?
Didn't super vel use to sell several different calibers of ammo that was loaded with a 50 to 70gr projectile that appeared similar to a brass compression ferrules with plastic plug filling the center that when shot into bullet catch blocks/clay it cut curving swaths through it.

Hell iircc awhile back someone had a vid out about loading "vampire rounds"

Where they took wooden dowels put a point on one end then cut to length of a bullet then loaded & fired into wet paper blocks

I don't think they'll be less than lethal being plastic or whatnot with enough velocity pretty sure they'll cause injury/damage.

Know for sure that rocks & marbles from a slingshot will kill squirrels, rabbits & birds,

So fairly certain a 65gr plastic bullet with some velocity will cause a bit of injury and/or death

Hell iircc awhile back someone had a vid out about loading "vampire rounds"

Where they took wooden dowels put a point on one end then cut to length of a bullet then loaded & fired into wet paper blocks
I don’t know that particular round, but it sounds like something Taofledermaus would video and put on his YouTube channel.

Does anyone remember Henry Bowman and his lathe turned nylon .44s?

I don't think they'll be less than lethal being plastic or whatnot with enough velocity pretty sure they'll cause injury/damage.
I don’t know that I buy what they’re selling, but their Web page plays up the potential damage the projectiles can do. Whether or not it can do what they claim, I sure wouldn’t want to get shot with one. That’d hurt.

There is YouTube video of those bullets hitting gel and clay blocks thru a windshield. Not saying they’re the best bullets, but it looked like they’d kill just fine.

Xtreme and blue boolits are around the same price

I got a sample pack of Blue Bullets in 9mm 115gr RN and 125gr Truncated Cone. I was very impressed with both of those bullets on top of CFEPISTOL powder. I had intentions of buying more but actually found good deals this past week on about 3,500 boolits so I’ll hold off for now.

I don’t know that particular round, but it sounds like something Taofledermaus would video and put on his YouTube channel.
Could well be, it's been back bout 13' when I was down medical & had bit of time to net surf

I don’t know that I buy what they’re selling, but their Web page plays up the potential damage the projectiles can do. Whether or not it can do what they claim, I sure wouldn’t want to get shot with one. That’d hurt.
I figured they'd be like crowd breaker rubber bullets the cops used to use,
I recall national news of a chick that got hit in the temple with one and died.