What's new

Reloading for Hunting

ClintC

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
We talk about reloading for are range toys. Let’s see the rounds for hunting. 270 win loaded with 55grs of H4831SC. This use to work for me but using a solid copper bullet this year. 10 not crimped and 10 crimped.

Attachments

• IMG_2878.jpeg
    IMG_2878.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
Oh baby. I want to try some spun projectiles for precision also.

I made a sweet .308 load with some 150gr Sierra Spitzers.

Made them and didn’t realize that bullet is discontinued.

Feels bad man

sorry that happened. Have you decided that you’re going to change too. I am likening the hornady sst’s. I couldn’t get the Nosler solid copper bullets to group. But got the sst’s to group just at one inch. Thin hunting barrels heat up fast.

sorry that happened. Have you decided that you’re going to change too. I am likening the hornady sst’s. I couldn’t get the Nosler solid copper bullets to group. But got the sst’s to group just at one inch. Thin hunting barrels heat up fast.

I loaded up 50 so it should cover me for a good long while. I think I have 30 left.

I loaded up some 165gr interlock's for my 308 this year and only used one lol. But I did use 3 of the Berger VLD hunting reloads I got with my Lapua to take 3 during rifle season.

130 grain SST’s and 130 grain interbond (killed a doe this morning with a interbond bang flop) 60 grain H4831sc

More for flopping 300lb boars in texas but found some old Sierra 200gr spitzers that I had leftover from a consignment. Found good load data for them and found that my suppressed Ruger predator loves them…however my shoulder does not