What's new

Snacks?

JEVapa

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
M&Ms in coke, mayo sammiches, crackers and soda, peanut butter with sugar and something else, super sugar cereal with whipped cream…all the things a 10 year old loves.
But when you’re 45+, pre diabetic or worse, wide as a fridge and ain’t seen your dick without a mirror in 10 years or more, you might want to change.
You don’t have to eat carrot sticks when you’re looking for something to stuff in your gut but damn, you don’t have to stuff it full of shit either. And you wonder why you’re hypertensive, diabetic, and have to wear Crocs or slip-on shoes because tying a pair is a crew drill.

So, what kinda snacks do y’all eat? Like real snacks, not one of seven or eight hobbit meals.
I like dates. And pineapple. And jerky. We try to keep the bullshit out but cheap popsicles will make their way into the fridge on occasion.

Last edited:
Peanuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews, raisins, popcorn, ritz crackers, oranges, watermelon, fresh peaches, black berries.................................

I’m supposed to eat healthy because of my CHF I have sweets when my blood sugar feels low try to eat bananas and apples and since I quit drinking a year ago I like ice cream in the evening

I really like the cheese and meat rolls from Aldi’s along with crazy cracker, beef jerky but I’m extremely picky, cicerones that my wife makes homemade, metric protein bars and sorted fruits cut up with lime/ Taheen eat with fork wife makes it and brings it to me.

M&Ms in coke, mayo sammiches, crackers and soda, peanut butter with sugar and something else, super sugar cereal with whipped cream…all the things a 10 year old loves.
But when you’re 45+, pre diabetic or worse, wide as a fridge and ain’t seen your dick without a mirror in 10 years or more, you might want to change.
You don’t have to eat carrot sticks when you’re looking for something to stuff in your gut but damn, you don’t have to stuff it full of shit either. And you wonder why your hypertensive, diabetic, and have to wear Crocs or slip-on shoes because tying a pair is a crew drill.

So, what kinda snacks do y’all eat? Like real snacks, not one of seven or eight hobbit meals.
I like dates. And pineapple. And jerky. We try to keep the bullshit out but cheap popsicles will make their way into the fridge on occasion.
I’ve come to the conclusion that some people just love to be fat and they love to be sick. And then they want to cry around and get sympathy from everyone for their issues. I just don’t feel sorry for people who intentionally do not exercise regularly, eat trash, knowing that it’s going to make them physically and mentally sick, and then us taxpayers to flip their bills and then they can’t want to give them food, stamps and other resources. I’m tired of this shit.

White peaches are in season right now (or were and are now in stores) and they are super good this year.

I like jerky. I don't love that a lot of it has a list of unpronouncable ingredients. Anyone know of a semi-clean brand? I probably do more no man's land than any.

I do walnuts too. Just got to watch how many - they are dense and can get away from ya.

Figure one of these days I'll get a job close to the house where i walk around a lot, instead of my current job where i drive near 100k miles per year.

That’s chump miles!
That's chunk miles!

Pretty much all instate driven in the company's vehicles.

Add on the mileages driven per year in my personal vehicles would be an additional 30k+, but that's just my time, i don't do any company work from my personal vehicles.

That's chunk miles!

Pretty much all instate driven in the company's vehicles.

Add on the mileages driven per year in my personal vehicles would be an additional 30k+, but that's just my time, i don't do any company work from my personal vehicles.
You must be driving 12 hour day 6 days a week.
I drive a tanker in the oilfield I drive 12/ 6

You must be driving 12 hour day 6 days a week.
I drive a tanker in the oilfield I drive 12/ 6
Was last year plus some with the company I was with,

was on call on top of my scheduled route every other week.,

since I drove company service truck from my house to shop where I picked up route truck, my time (clock in) & mileage started soon as I left the house & didn't end (clock out) until I got back to house.

Company I'm with now strictly follows odot, and sent me to get a odot permit/license to drive commercial vehicle,

so my time starts (clock in) when get to shop, sign out gear & truck, ends when I get back to shop, sign in gear & truck then clock out.

Since they follow odot regs, they keep track of time & how they schedule my routes,

not like the company I worked for last year.

Was last year plus some with the company I was with,

was on call on top of my scheduled route every other week.,

since I drove company service truck from my house to shop where I picked up route truck, my time (clock in) & mileage started soon as I left the house & didn't end (clock out) until I got back to house.

Company I'm with now strictly follows odot, and sent me to get a odot permit/license to drive commercial vehicle,

so my time starts (clock in) when get to shop, sign out gear & truck, ends when I get back to shop, sign in gear & truck then clock out.

Since they follow odot regs, they keep track of time & how they schedule your routes,

not like the company I worked for last year.
Well we do our best to follow all those rules however some days require being over weight and time. I have a heavy haul permit that caps me at 90k lbs, I can easily go over that for plus I can work 18 hours…
I run a paper log,
Somtimes.
I mean my log books are 💯 up to date and by code!

Well we do our best to follow all those rules however some days require being over weight and time. I have a heavy haul permit that caps me at 90k lbs, I can easily go over that for plus I can work 18 hours…
I run a paper log,
Somtimes.
I mean my log books are 💯 up to date and by code!
Besides time clock clock in,

for one route truck I got a two sheet paper log inspection book that I write date, inspection, odometer mileage & time I leave & return to shop, then turn in top sheet at end of shift.

Other route trucks when I sign out gear I get issued a ipad/tablet that I log onto before leaving shop to inspect route truck & tracks drive time,

before I can sign truck & gear in at end of shift they inspect tablet that everything was done, then hand back for me to log off it, then they accept truck & gear back and I clock out & leave.

They make sure our actual drive time is no longer than 11 hours & work time on the clock no longer than 14hrs