What's new

While you "Nancy boys" were in your recliners

KurtM

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I know no rifle picture, it was a 18" 6.8 SPC at 42 yards off hand with two PVS-14S in a bridge mount and a single dot Eo-Tech red dot, no ring....shot at 7:15 pm under night vision.
Slipped it right into her ear! Get the fuck off the bench!!!! Oh and just because it isn't smiling for the camera, it's a 100# pigKIMG0968.JPG

Are you going to eat it just curious I thought about trying one

Yes, I eat a lot of them. The H cuts you see on her are the first steps in hiding it. I do a method that never removes the innards. Peel the hide, remove shoulders and hind quarters , take the back straps and done. Takes about 20 minutes total, from hang to parts in tub.

Yes, I eat a lot of them. The H cuts you see on her are the first steps in hiding it. I do a method that never removes the innards. Peel the hide, remove shoulders and hind quarters , take the back straps and done. Takes about 20 minutes total, from hang to parts in tub.
You leave the tenders?!

On a 100# it isn't worth it, but on a big one I cut a small window and reach in just in front of the rear leg. Still no gutting. There is a video on it and I'll try to dig through and post the link for you guys. Here is my little 6.8 and night shooting set up. The main change to it is the Eo-Tech instead of the MRO. KIMG0285.JPG

Yes, I do have a night hunting permit from the OKDOW, just in case anyone is curious.

Yes, I do have a night hunting permit from the OKDOW, just in case anyone is curious.
So maybe I am misinformed. I used to get night hunting permits from OKDOW. The last time I asked for one the local agent told me the OK legislature changed the law 11/1/22 no longer requiring a state issued permit. The law now states you must have a written letter of permission by the landowner on your person and that is all that is required. Maybe you are hunting on state owned land and the rules are different for that. I don't hunt those so I didn't bother to see how the new law might affect that.

So maybe I am misinformed. I used to get night hunting permits from OKDOW. The last time I asked for one the local agent told me the OK legislature changed the law 11/1/22 no longer requiring a state issued permit. The law now states you must have a written letter of permission by the landowner on your person and that is all that is required. Maybe you are hunting on state owned land and the rules are different for that. I don't hunt those so I didn't bother to see how the new law might affect that.

I didn't know this. So if I own my own land, I can shoot pigs on it at night without a permit or permission from the game rangers? That's a step in the right direction.

It is required, it is free, and you have to have permission from land owner. Look on their website and you will find the permit. You need to list the land owner, description and size of land and wether you are the owner or agent of the land owner.

Last edited:
"I didn't know this. So if I own my own land, I can shoot pigs on it at night without a permit or permission from the game rangers? That's a step in the right direction."

This is NOT true at all. As a landowner you still need the permit/exclusion. It is FREE from OKDOW. If you don't have it you are violating Game laws! Now once the land owner or his agent have the permit, they can allow people not listed to hunt as long as they have a copy of the permit and a signed letter from the owner, or agent of the land owner.

It says the landowner has to have a agricultural exemption permit which means he farms or ranches for a living and has a tax exempt status which most all farmers have. I don't see anything that says that the landowner has to have a permit to allow depredation control on their property. Maybe I am reading it wrong. I am certainly not a lawyer.

May I suggest you go to the OKDOW web site and see what they say, after all they are the ones you will be talking to. It is very informative and up to date.

I did finally find it on their website. I guess I will need to contact my local wildlife agent and tell him he doesn't know what he is talking about. I should also contact my state representatives and tell them their law as stated is incorrect.