What's new

Would you buy a Benchmade on EBay?

OkieJoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I know that there are plenty of counterfeit Benchmades out there, and I’m not knowledgeable enough to spot one just by a few pictures. Do you guys think that the majority of the ones listed on EBay are legitimate or not? Would you buy one off eBay?

I would factor in several things. Does the seller have a lot of good feedback? Is the price too good to be true? Is it new or used and if new, does it come with the box? Ebay has a pretty good satisfaction guarantee if you feel you've been defrauded. You might have to wait a bit to get your money back. So yes, I would buy off of Ebay if nothing smelled fishy.

I'd be skeptical myself. Sounds like there are a lot of decent knockoffs that aren't super easy to spot fir the casual user. Like stated, you'd probably be able to get your money back, but not without a hassle.

Good luck.

What kingfish said. I have bought a Benchmade on ebay before and it was legit. Most fake ones will carry fake prices (cheap) and are from sketchy people and are usually overseas. The one thing with ebay, is if you get ripped off, you can usually get your money back. PITA, but it is what it is. Figure out what model and shop around for that.

Yeah, OK. Now you sound like the fudds and that's a complete load of crap.

If I got paid $50-$100 a gun to cut them up for the 5-O, the only thing I'd ask id how small do you want the pieces? I'd chop a gun up in seconds flat. $$$

Since most cop shops in all 50 states destroy leftover guns and employ a myriad of companies to cut'em up, by your measure, all cops and companies with torches and chop saws are anti 2A....hooey

If I got paid $50-$100 a gun to cut them up for the 5-O, the only thing I'd ask id how small do you want the pieces? I'd chop a gun up in seconds flat. $$$

Since most cop shops in all 50 states destroy leftover guns and employ a myriad of companies to cut'em up, by your measure, all cops and companies with torches and chop saws are anti 2A....hooey
I do feel that most LEO are anti 2A.

I guess I am, coz i'd chop up 500 guns for an easy $25k or more. In fact I'd film it and laugh an evil laugh.

Here's the funny part, where does everyone think all these gun parts you can buy come from? gunpartsUSA? They're all from demilled guns from cop shops, FMS (Foreign Military Sales), and Arsenals and wherever else. Myopia almost always misses the forest

I wouldn't buy a Benchmade at all. They are an anti 2A company that helps destroy firearms.
I have my issues with them based on what Josh Smith from MKC has said about his interactions with them, but I think calling them anti-2A isn’t fair or accurate. I don’t recall the exact wording of Benchmade’s explanation at the time, but I do recall it as being reasonable and satisfactory, and most definitely not anti-2A.

I have my issues with them based on what Josh Smith from MKC has said about his interactions with them, but I think calling them anti-2A isn’t fair or accurate. I don’t recall the exact wording of Benchmade’s explanation at the time, but I do recall it as being reasonable and satisfactory, and most definitely not anti-2A.
There are several articles on it and they point out that it was nothing. It’s just like the time when microtech wouldn’t allow people who were strapped to just walk into their facility. They said you cannot come in to their facility armed you have to leave it outside. And all the weirdos said they were anti-2A. By that time most people had figured out that a lot of this was hokey and post the question would you let somebody just walk into your house carrying saying I’m here to visit? No you wouldn’t, you would probably whoop his ass or shoot him. Folks have to have some discernment, but most don’t.

Last edited:
That's actually a good idea. Just drive around in a van with some chop saws and torches and make bank. And I'd send the videos to OK2A and tell don to suck it, haha
I have everything needed but the van. For what it’s worth, i’m pretty partial to conversion vans and badass 4x4 sprinter vans…

Also, there’s some super soy boy who gets off on turning firearms into art/barely functional shovels and gardening tools. Cool idea, approach and rhetoric sucks balls. But anti gunners have a real hardon for the guy. Maybe we could get him to buy the non-resaleable parts destined for the trash. Ya know,zero waste, save the environment, whatever?

I have everything needed but the van. For what it’s worth, i’m pretty partial to conversion vans and badass 4x4 sprinter vans…

Also, there’s some super soy boy who gets off on turning firearms into art/barely functional shovels and gardening tools. Cool idea, approach and rhetoric sucks balls. But anti gunners have a real hardon for the guy. Maybe we could get him to buy the non-resaleable parts destined for the trash. Ya know,zero waste, save the environment, whatever?
You’ll hopefully be considered a half owner on a slightly used motor home in the not to distant future. The title process is under way. It could make a pretty bad ass mobile gun chop shop. I want in on the deal if y’all decide to use the motor home.

You’ll hopefully be considered a half owner on a slightly used motor home in the not to distant future. The title process is under way. It could make a pretty bad ass mobile gun chop shop. I want in on the deal if y’all decide to use the motor home.
Oh yeah I gotta get down there soon. We’re under contract on the old house, so hopefully it will all go through and we can be done with that shit.

I've no dog in the fight, but they do have a long history of donating to antigun candidates. I dont buy benchmade as i dont think they're very good knives, so it REALLY doesn't effect me either way, just providing info