What's new

Anyone else think reloading is addictive?

Twice now I've bought really nice setups to reload the calibers I shoot most. I hate it. I can't even make myself like it a little bit.

I've decided if God wanted me to reload he wouldn't have given me Winchester, Remington, Federal, Tula, etc...

It is. BTW, you've got some suspect primers there. When I get making .223, I can knock them out for hours on the Dillon 650. A usual session looks like this.
View attachment 728
I came across a deal on some primed brass. Ot jasnt failed me yet…….. yet! Lol

Twice now I've bought really nice setups to reload the calibers I shoot most. I hate it. I can't even make myself like it a little bit.

I've decided if God wanted me to reload he wouldn't have given me Winchester, Remington, Federal, Tula, etc...
I get started and lose track of time. Its an enjoyable pass time. I only have to worry about what I am doing… nothing else.

I have a habit if I have bullets primers and powder I have to load them till they are all loaded
I generally have to stop myself, but I buy both in bulk. Last time I did .223, I loaded somewhere around 5k rounds.

I really enjoy reloading. I just will not load more then I’m going to shoot in an outing. I don’t want it setting around for to long.

Is the Hornady auto charge a decent electronic powder measurer?

Is the Hornady auto charge a decent electronic powder measurer?
I'd bet money they are all made by the same shitty Chinese company just have a different stamp or color added to the plastic.

I went through the RCBS route, and I think @conditionzero went Frankford Arsenal. Both are solid rigs and I would think the Hornady is too.

Last edited:
I think the FA and RCBS are good choices. Going up in quality from there for PRS etc starts to get super pricey.

I was looking at the hornady auto charge. I went with the Frankfort Arsenal. If I was to upgrade later it will be to the RCBS. If you got 500 to 1k to spend. Go with RCBS.

I was looking at the hornady auto charge. I went with the Frankfort Arsenal. If I was to upgrade later it will be to the RCBS. If you got 500 to 1k to spend. Go with RCBS.

I also went with the Frankford Arsenal but sold it recently