What's new

Ever liquidate a caliber you loved?

Hell get you a couple of high points in 10 mm that way you'll have a pistol and a carbine and both of them use the same magazine and cartridge
Umm, no.

If I liked Glocks I'd go that way. Have a couple buddies that have .45 acp carbines that use Glock mags and Glock pistols to go with. They've got suppressors for them as well, and it's a nice little setup.

I can't hit anything with a Glock. Grip angle is what I suspect, but it could be that I just suk. Prolly need some lessons. I shoot everything else just fine. Can't hit anything with a Glock.

Anyway, I can see a need for stock piling one particular caliber/platform just in case SHTF, but I don't think I'd liquidate anything, and if I did it wouldn't be 7.62x39. YMMV.

Umm, no.

If I liked Glocks I'd go that way. Have a couple buddies that have .45 acp carbines that use Glock mags and Glock pistols to go with. They've got suppressors for them as well, and it's a nice little setup.

I can't hit anything with a Glock. Grip angle is what I suspect, but it could be that I just suk. Prolly need some lessons. I shoot everything else just fine. Can't hit anything with a Glock.

Anyway, I can see a need for stock piling one particular caliber/platform just in case SHTF, but I don't think I'd liquidate anything, and if I did it wouldn't be 7.62x39. YMMV.
Nothing functionally wrong with hi-points, they're affordable, reliable as hell & run like mad, even when dirty & uncleaned, they're accurate & they're even made in America.

They are bulky, clunky & ugly, but I'm pretty sure nothing's ever said that, that's been shot by one that is...................... hahahaha.

Wished a manufacturer would make an affordable pcc similar to the old marlin camp carbine, except with a side folding poly stock & use hi-cap mags in 9mm, 40sw, 45acp & 10mm.

I'm partial to xd's cause they point just like a 1911,

I can shoot a glock, but they naturally point high for me,

I'm a bit slow when I draw, aim & fire them cause I have to consciously lower the muzzle to get sights to poa.

To add, I don't own a hipoint pistol, I have shot several that functioned reliably & hit poa that belonged to others,

I do own a hipoint carbine and it hits poa consistently,

Can also say I've have seen what & how well full pressure 40sw 155gr lrn & jhp's and 180gr lswc & jhp's loaded with max dose of longshot perform from it's 16" barrel in flesh & bone.

These loads also work very well from my other brand pistols too.

Hell get you a couple of high points in 10 mm that way you'll have a pistol and a carbine and both of them use the same magazine and cartridge
Fuck! That makes more sense than I really want to acknowledge. Consider that post ignored. 🤫

@jakeman , I’m with you on the Glerks but getting more natural with them. Have you tried a Polymer 80? Those grips are close enough to Browning’s true perfection to get it done.

@jakeman , I’m with you on the Glerks but getting more natural with them. Have you tried a Polymer 80? Those grips are close enough to Browning’s true perfection to get it done.

I’m a Glock whore and I will always say my most favorite Glock isn’t even a Glock. It’s my Polymer 80 frame 17’s.

I prefer “flat grill” steaks to pellet grill steaks. You can sear the hell out of a steak in flat grill or cast iron, you cannot do that with a pellet grill. I like pellet grilled steaks just fine too.

I prefer “flat grill” steaks to pellet grill steaks. You can sear the hell out of a steak in flat grill or cast iron, you cannot do that with a pellet grill. I like pellet grilled steaks just fine too.
Pitt boss has open flame in the center. Why I chose it over the Treager

I've never owned a 7.62x39, but I got a few hundred rounds for one. Only caliber I ever "liquidated" is 45-90 and I didn't keep anything. I was sorry to see it go, but the guy wanting the rifle (86 Winchester made in 1889 with at least 80% finish 28" barrel) was more than avid when it came to the Benjamin's!. I bought a NEMO with the funds and I'm pretty darn happy with that.
Thoughts on the NEMO?

Really like it. Functions well, and is pretty darn accurate! Mine is the 24" barrel because hey velocity! When this one goes I'll get a 26" Hart or Krieger. It's a bit porky, but well worth the weight.

Last edited:
<~ Makes note
Check walmart end of season sales.

I bought my pitboss Lexington on end of season clearance sale for bit less than 200 otd,

but bought approx 250 bucks of bbq gear to go with it,

hell clearance sale on 40# bags of pitboss pellets for $10 each & quite a bit of grilling utensils (my old bbq utensils got thrown into my lakeside camping gear).

I think the only thing I paid regular price for was the pitboss Lexington cover, iircc $40otd.

Get some great clearance deals when you catch them at the right time.

Here's a pic of my ny strip & quick 🥗 dinner tonight.

IMG_20240802_205714.jpg

Last edited:
For.perspective I have gotten rid of 30.06, .45 acp, .38/.357 but would never abandon 7.62x39. Backburner yes but abandon...no.

But I also keep .303 and .380 so I may just be a retard.

I also think the AKs and SKSs will still be running long after the ARs burst their gas tubes.
That’s cap
You must be retard