What's new

Kimber Micro 9 $450

Kimber seems to attract plenty of hate. So much so, that my 'joke' in discussions about the 'best' 45 is usually to throw out Kimber and watch everyone lose their mind. Oh no, MIM parts blah blah blah.
I've only owned one, an Ultra CDP II and it was a great gun. Fit/finish was nice and it was a reliable and accurate gun for me. Was it a Wilson? No, but 2-3x cheaper too.

I like the Micro 9. May end up with one at some point. I carry an LCP when I pocket carry, but I have some anxiety when I do. I just keep telling myself it's better than nothing...
The limber being smaller and lighter than a Shield has me interested. Maybe I'll get one for my 50th birthday

My anxiety comes mainly from having 7 rounds of hard to get at .380 that isn't particularly accurate.
Most self defence shootings are within 15ft..I am fairly confident you would hit the intended target.

The limber being smaller and lighter than a Shield has me interested. Maybe I'll get one for my 50th birthday

I'm gonna own one, but not that one. I like the finger griplike someone posted earlier.

My 30 yo son has one with the finger grips, as well as 3-4 other Kimbers, and he loves it. I've shot it and will own one.

I can't wait to tell my son he's a BOOMER. I bet he's gonna be hella surprised.

ETA - This one, except his is 2 tone.
View attachment 713

Edited to add again - I've had this one in my cart at Bud's for over a month. I just ain't gonna pay that for it.

Last edited:
I'm gonna own one, but not that one. I like the finger griplike someone posted earlier.

My 30 yo son has one with the finger grips, as well as 3-4 other Kimbers, and he loves it. I've shot it and will own one.

I can't wait to tell my son he's a BOOMER. I bet he's gonna be hella surprised.

ETA - This one, except his is 2 tone.
View attachment 713

Edited to add again - I've had this one in my cart at Bud's for over a month. I just ain't gonna pay that for it.
You can add that hogue to any of them, but there are also models that come with it pre-installed.

Yep, I just added that grip and the extended pinky mag.

How much the grip run? Maybe I'm better off price wise to just switch grips, except that 2 tone gets me slightly aroused.

Picked one up. Ordered the grips & extra mag from Kimber & a mag extender from Hogue.

It ain't gonna be as purty as the 2 tone STG but even with the extras it was about $80 less.
Nice!