What's new

MRDS zero

JEVapa

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
Curious, but is there anyone here that does not zero their MRDS to their pistol? Just put it one and run with it? I zero mine at 25m.

I was asking because I was just reading a help thread on GT where a guy said his shots are all low but he knows the MRDS's are already zeroed from the factory because Holosun said they were. Some folks said he still has to zero them and he said they were because they come that way. He's confusing factory boresight with a zero. The factory sets the dot on the center of the field on a collimator.

Is there anyone here who may think that? You don't have to tell on yourself, I was just wondering.

I remember reading a thread somewhere where a guy swore on everything holy, that they were zero'd from the factory. I assume they are to an extent (more windage and elevation centered inside the optic), but I can't imagine thinking how it could work.

Your C has a different height over bore vs my 509. Hell, I get a minute zero shift when I swap out batteries on my RMR's. Very minute, but it's enough that stuck in a sand bag @25 yards, I can tell or have to make an adjustment

I wonder if he's confusing slaving the dot to his irons from the factory? Which is also incorrect.

It would never occur to me to ever put an optic on a rifle or hg and not verify zero. I have moved a zeroed scope from one gun to another and got a several moa shift in poi.

Well shit! All this time I thought those clicky knobs were on there to make it more tacticool. I figured loud clicks an dots like looking into the business end of an industrial laser were just extras. This totally screws up my dynamics…

Well shit! All this time I thought those clicky knobs were on there to make it more tacticool. I figured loud clicks an dots like looking into the business end of an industrial laser were just extras. This totally screws up my dynamics…
It's So you'll feel like you're in a hollywood flick

People do some weird shit.

I recently bought a 2004 LE6920 from a friend in CO. He bought this gun new from me around 2006-ish. This is a guy who teaches CCW classes, NRA Instructor, thinks he's a gun guy, etc. He said he kept this particular rifle loaded and ready to go as a home defense gun. When I got it the gun was an absolute train wreck...into a dumpster fire. The castle nut on the stock was so loose, and the stock receiver extension had somehow been turned so far (he denies it but I know he tried, or someone else tried, taking the stock off because the factory staking was disturbed and the tube was a 6-position instead of the Colt-standard 4-position), that not only was the end plate loose but the rear pivot pin spring was bent sideways. The buffer detent had popped out and jammed itself inside the action so the selector switch couldn't be moved (Colt semi-auto bolt carrier, standard at the time, with the open rear). The hammer pin had also partially walked out and the action wouldn't even work.

So, obviously he hadn't fired this gun in I don't know how long, and who knows how long it had been since he even worked the action. Meaning he likely had no clue if there was a round in the chamber or not. And the FFL that sent it likely didn't know, either. And this was his "go-to" gun... I have it all back to it's original glory...except I left the 6-position tube on it.

People do some weird shit.

I recently bought a 2004 LE6920 from a friend in CO. He bought this gun new from me around 2006-ish. This is a guy who teaches CCW classes, NRA Instructor, thinks he's a gun guy, etc. He said he kept this particular rifle loaded and ready to go as a home defense gun. When I got it the gun was an absolute train wreck...into a dumpster fire. The castle nut on the stock was so loose, and the stock receiver extension had somehow been turned so far (he denies it but I know he tried, or someone else tried, taking the stock off because the factory staking was disturbed and the tube was a 6-position instead of the Colt-standard 4-position), that not only was the end plate loose but the rear pivot pin spring was bent sideways. The buffer detent had popped out and jammed itself inside the action so the selector switch couldn't be moved (Colt semi-auto bolt carrier, standard at the time, with the open rear). The hammer pin had also partially walked out and the action wouldn't even work.

So, obviously he hadn't fired this gun in I don't know how long, and who knows how long it had been since he even worked the action. Meaning he likely had no clue if there was a round in the chamber or not. And the FFL that sent it likely didn't know, either. And this was his "go-to" gun... I have it all back to it's original glory...except I left the 6-position tube on it.
He's lucky you got it away from him before he needed to go to it. Sadly he probably replaced it with something in worse condition.

At least they HAD sights/optics. Was at USSA 100yd range once and a dude had a rifle with a smooth barrel (no irons) and no optic or anything. That really freaked me out, like he was gonna pull something crazy so I just kinda sat back and kept my eye on him until he left.