What's new

My home gym. . .

Hey @caliberbob , in case you’re still looking, Woot! has PowerBlock adjustable dumbbells on sale for $89.99-$199.99. As of now (M, 10/14), it says the deal runs for five days or until sold out.

I appreciate it! I ended up getting a set off Amazon that I really like. But I got an MRI follow up tomorrow to diagnose my shoulder. Haven’t said anything about it cuz I’m not sure what’s going on. But I’m in significant pain. I’ll update tomorrow after my appointment

I appreciate it! I ended up getting a set off Amazon that I really like. But I got an MRI follow up tomorrow to diagnose my shoulder. Haven’t said anything about it cuz I’m not sure what’s going on. But I’m in significant pain. I’ll update tomorrow after my appointment
Bench pressing injury?

Bench pressing injury?
Yes and no. I used to lift a lot before I ran my own cabinet installation business. Never had shoulder issues and I was benching 350lbs. Gradually as I was installing my shoulder started hurting. We got the gym set up and I’ve been using it 4 times a week. My oldest boy wanted to work out so we were taking turns on bench. I was doing a pyramid of light weight. 135, 155, 175 and back down. On the downside 155 on my 7th rep on my way down my shoulder made two pops or clicks. Didn’t hurt, Just felt not right. So I racked it and stood up and my shoulder immediately started getting super tight and sore. Next morning if I stood up with my arms at my side I swear I couldn’t lift my right arm straight out 1” it hurt so damn bad. I’ve babied it and it’s back to where it was pre bench (3 weeks ago). Had my MRI last Thursday and my appointment with the orthopedist to review the scans is tomorrow. If I do need surgery I want to get that shit done while I’m still relatively young so I can get back to normal life. And yeah I’ll lift again but it’ll be a slow process getting there

Yes and no. I used to lift a lot before I ran my own cabinet installation business. Never had shoulder issues and I was benching 350lbs. Gradually as I was installing my shoulder started hurting. We got the gym set up and I’ve been using it 4 times a week. My oldest boy wanted to work out so we were taking turns on bench. I was doing a pyramid of light weight. 135, 155, 175 and back down. On the downside 155 on my 7th rep on my way down my shoulder made two pops or clicks. Didn’t hurt, Just felt not right. So I racked it and stood up and my shoulder immediately started getting super tight and sore. Next morning if I stood up with my arms at my side I swear I couldn’t lift my right arm straight out 1” it hurt so damn bad. I’ve babied it and it’s back to where it was pre bench (3 weeks ago). Had my MRI last Thursday and my appointment with the orthopedist to review the scans is tomorrow. If I do need surgery I want to get that shit done while I’m still relatively young so I can get back to normal life. And yeah I’ll lift again but it’ll be a slow process getting there

Maybe it’s time to set the free weights down and switch to the shakeweight, @caliberbob

IMG_7653.gif