What's new

New MKC Wargoat

SoonerP226

Reaction score
Trophy Points

This is the first product from Montana Knife Co's new MKC Tactical line, and is based on the Speedgoat Magnacut. Where the Speedgoat is a super lightweight knife designed for hunters to carry into the back country, the Wargoat is aimed at warfighters, and is designed to be more robust while remaining lightweight. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks to me to be more of a "standard" point as compared to the Speedgoat's trailing point. Its blade is .030" thicker than the Speedgoat's, and that extra thickness, the G10 scales, and the ring at the pommel add some weight (2.23oz vs 1.72oz), but it otherwise retains the Speedgoat's dimensions.

With its black Cerakoted blade (other colors from the "tactical palette" are available) and the Ulti-Clip on its Kydex sheath, this is actually what I'd wanted from the Speedgoat I have. If I hadn't already blown my knife budget for the year, I'd be all over this like a duck on a June bug. I guess I'll just have to wait 'til it comes back around.

IMG_1042.jpeg

Edited to correct weights. I got off a line while comparing them.

Last edited: