What's new

On your person.....

I carry a lot of stuff in my pockets & belt. A lot more stuff once I clock in and add on my trade work gear.

Unlike @HoLeChit, I carry the same items every day (billfold, keys, EDC, pocket knife, and a pocket watch). The pocket watch is a recent addition, but I’m glad that I’ve added it. Yesterday evening, I realized that I didn’t have my pocket knife. I used it yesterday afternoon and then it entered into the twilight zone. Loosing something drives me crazy. I looked everywhere where I thought it could have been. I was pretty sure that it was in my truck, but I looked several times between yesterday evening and this afternoon. Long story short, I finally found it in my truck. It had fallen in a hidden crevice under the center console. I felt naked all day without my knife. It’s crazy how loosing something can consume a person’s day. All is good with the world again.

You speak truth. I know, because I lose shit all the time, and it drives me insane. I obsess with looking until it's found. I'm likely a bit psychotic.

On my person, every single day I leave the property, which isn't as much as you'd think;

Left Front - Money clip w/2-300 USD in various denominations.

Right Front - small 2 blade case folder, small tube of blistex or carmex, Oakley eye glass bag

Left Back - can of Snus

Right Rear - small wallet

Right hip - Shield .45

That's it, excluding clothes. I figure none of us are leaving the house neked.

Any guesses as to what this does? 😁View attachment 5330

Looks like a hard hat or tool drop lanyard for working at heights.

I would have liked to have had a connector on my hard hat lanyard like that. Unclipping that thing and re-clipping when headed back up was a real PITA.

I'm pretty much a minimalist. I don't carry any more than I need to. Standard attire in summer: t-shirt, shorts, flip-flops (tennis shoes if I feel like dressing up). Then I have a wallet, some cash, phone and keys. I've recently started carrying the 43X w/507k and a spare mag in a small fanny pack.

When I left law enforcement I stopped carrying a whole lot of stuff and I don't miss it at all.

We got some learned folks here!! Brain bucket lanyard.View attachment 5331
Gawd I hate hard hats!!! Last couple of years I was stuck under them it was like they were sitting on a raw nerve. I’ll probably have to go back under a turtle hooch again and with my luck I’ll die with it on and have to wear that bitch for eternity. 😖