What's new

S&W Model 60

jakeman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
All, I'm looking for a M60 with or without the lock. New or used, if you happen to come across one somewhere locally I'd appreciate a heads up.

going to call you THE ROSTER now. I’m always going to different gun shops in every state I go to. My next job site is in Amarillo.

Okay, I've expanded my search to include a Ruger SP101 with a 3" or shorter barrel.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Okay, I've expanded my search to include a Ruger SP101 with a 3" or shorter barrel.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Pretty sure that I remember at least a couple of ads over at the other place within the last year. Have you searched the classifieds?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
What area? okc area or are you willing to take a drive.

I'd drive a little. Where to?
just wonder how far is to far. For the right price how far will you drive. Right now I’m doing a lot of setting around tell my next job site. Besides the occasional conference call I’m surfing the internet Or driving around.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
I have both the 357mag and the 9mm chamberings in 2.25” models. Def not for sale. Just wanna say that you’re gonna love them. After you swap the grips out that is.

just wonder how far is to far. For the right price how far will you drive. Right now I’m doing a lot of setting around tell my next job site. Besides the occasional conference call I’m surfing the internet Or driving around.

Is there an alternative for not using public restrooms? Depends.

Where ya at? I do a little wandering around from time to time.

I have both the 357mag and the 9mm chamberings in 2.25” models. Def not for sale. Just wanna say that you’re gonna love them. After you swap the grips out that is.

I like the stock grips I've seen.

What did you not like and what grip did you swap too?

I like the stock grips I've seen.

What did you not like and what grip did you swap too?
The grips just didn’t fit my hands very well and were difficult to hold on to with hotter magnum loads in the 357mag. I swapped out the 357mag with basic hogue grips as shown below, work great and are extremely comfortable. Other than that I just opened it up and cleaned everything up/stoned mating surfaces. I haven’t done anything with the 9mm yet, I don’t want the same grip as the 357 and while my 357mag tends to be a truck/hiking gun, the 9mm is my "drop it in my pocket before walking the dog" gun, and I want a different grip for it.

The grips just didn’t fit my hands very well and were difficult to hold on to with hotter magnum loads in the 357mag. I swapped out the 357mag with basic hogue grips as shown below, work great and are extremely comfortable. Other than that I just opened it up and cleaned everything up/stoned mating surfaces. I haven’t done anything with the 9mm yet, I don’t want the same grip as the 357 and while my 357mag tends to be a truck/hiking gun, the 9mm is my "drop it in my pocket before walking the dog" gun, and I want a different grip for it.

Does the "Ruger Rattle" bother you?

I don't think it's going to be an issue for me, but I'd like to see if you have an opinion.

Does the "Ruger Rattle" bother you?

I don't think it's going to be an issue for me, but I'd like to see if you have an opinion.
The transfer bar rattle? Nope. I’ve honestly never noticed it. Yeah, if I’m finger fucking it at the house I might hear it when I shake it, but I have never heard it rattle while wearing it. It’s no noisier than a round moving around in the cylinder of a smith.

Granted, I don’t normally belly dance or twerk while carrying, which likely cuts down on the noise.

The transfer bar rattle? Nope. I’ve honestly never noticed it. Yeah, if I’m finger fucking it at the house I might hear it when I shake it, but I have never heard it rattle while wearing it. It’s no noisier than a round moving around in the cylinder of a smith.

Granted, I don’t normally belly dance or twerk while carrying, which likely cuts down on the noise.

I own a couple of Ruger single 6's and I couldn't tell you if they rattle or not. I just don't think it's the issue some folks wanna make it out to be. But I don't own one, yet.

I'd still prefer a Smith, but that SP101 appears to be built like a tank. We'll see what I wind up with.

I own a couple of Ruger single 6's and I couldn't tell you if they rattle or not. I just don't think it's the issue some folks wanna make it out to be. But I don't own one, yet.

I'd still prefer a Smith, but that SP101 appears to be built like a tank. We'll see what I wind up with.
I am personally a very big fan of my smiths, but your observations are pretty accurate. The SP101 is a tank. It’s like handling a solid block of billet in terms of solidity and stuff, but with much better ergonomics. On the flip side, it’s definitely not gonna compete with a j frame of any construction for sweatpants pocket carry because of that weight.