What's new

Tika T3 lite in 308

Kwaynem

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
Has anyone shot or owned on of these looks pretty tempting

I have a T3X in 6.5. I have 3 Bergara 700 clones. If I buy another factory bolt gun , it'll be a Tikka. It's a rifle in a different class in my opinion. Stoopid accurate. Should have brought it today.

I have a T3X in 30-06. I've shot several T3s in different calibers (308, 6.5CM, 260Rem) and I have the opinion that they are the best out of the box rifles you can get for the money WRT function and accuracy. Every other gun that tries to say that, requires some sort of tinkering. T3s don't. Smooth as silk actions and sub MOA (measurable). Or, pay many more $$ for something else (Sako)

I have a T3X in 30-06. I've shot several T3s in different calibers (308, 6.5CM, 260Rem) and I have the opinion that they are the best out of the box rifles you can get for the money WRT function and accuracy. Every other gun that tries to say that, requires some sort of tinkering. T3s don't. Smooth as silk actions and sub MOA (measurable). Or, pay many more $$ for something else (Sako)
I seem to remember sitting in Cabela's parking lot talking with you on the phone asking for an opinion on a Tikka vs Sig Cross vs another Bergara. I went home with a T3X that day ;)

Edited:

Now I remember it. I hadn't even considered a Tikka. You did. It's funny, both my Major and one of my Captains had been praising Tikka's for awhile and I don't know why I had never paid much attention. My guess because it wasn't a 700 or 700 clone? I texted both in a group text while at the gun counter, said what you mentioned. Both were like "do it"

Last edited:
Was it a good choice?

If I buy another factory rifle, it will have the Tikka name on it and not Bergara.

But yes, my T3X is by far my favorite bolt gun I have. I haven't pushed it out pass 546 yards yet as I don't ever plan to kill any animal with a 6.5 at that distance. I would assume it will hold it's accuracy beyond. 546 was shooting sub MOA all day

I seem to remember sitting in Cabela's parking lot talking with you on the phone asking for an opinion on a Tikka vs Sig Cross vs another Bergara. I went home with a T3X that day ;)
I have full access to a Sig Cross in 6.5cm. I bought it for the foreman here at the ranch simply because it was listed wayyy below it’s monetary value. Also bought my b14r carbon from that same guy. Dude must’ve been in a very bad way. Anyhow, other than it folds up, I don’t have much to say great about the Cross. Especially at its retail value. That being said we have not shot it in a accuracy testing manner yet. One major flaw to me is the thread protector is too short and leaves threads exposed when snug. Supposed to get a brake for it someday.

I have full access to a Sig Cross in 6.5cm. I bought it for the foreman here at the ranch simply because it was listed wayyy below it’s monetary value. Also bought my b14r carbon from that same guy. Dude must’ve been in a very bad way. Anyhow, other than it folds up, I don’t have much to say great about the Cross. Especially at its retail value. That being said we have not shot it in a accuracy testing manner yet. One major flaw to me is the thread protector is too short and leaves threads exposed when snug. Supposed to get a brake for it someday.
One of my work/hunting buddies has a Cross in 6.5. He spent a fortune on it above retail if I remember. He's shot maybe 10 rounds (129 Grain Winchester Box ammo) and wasn't impressed compared to his Pre-64 Model 70 in '06. I'm going to "ask him to borrow it" when I get caught up with to do stuff. Pick a nice Barnes or Nosler 140 grain slug and work him up a load for it. I'm sure I can get it to shoot. Hand it back with 100 rounds of custom ammo and load data as a way to say thanks for taking me hunting.

I will say, that short barrel and folding stock would be killer when packing a bunch of gear in and out of the field.

Fixed that exposed thread issue today. Sig brake.
1430F5F2-2C39-4B78-80B8-5D5404EE98F2.jpeg879A0B1F-01FC-41E4-B2ED-121497AE5F74.jpegBA531BA3-C408-44FC-8D19-BEBFB515E781.jpeg90EE5A54-8117-4805-BC3B-0F1292282D02.jpeg