What's new

Would you buy a Benchmade on EBay?

I've never spent more than $45 for any knife. I was just never one of those gun guys that delved into blades.
As for the destroying guns, I know the guy that has several county and city contracts around here, and I have been buying his parts kits for years. Some I've assembled back into guns for personal collection, some kits I've sold for an extreme profit, some are collecting dust in my garage waiting for the perfect receiver to pop up on GB. If there's one guy (him) willing to destroy them for free (your payment is what you can get from the accoutrements), then it may be hard to make a business out of getting paid to destroy them. His last big haul had a SCAR, 7 Glocks, and like 9 Mossberg 500s, along with hundreds of interesting others, and dozens of turds. Even Hi Point parts kits bring more money than I'm paying him, and he knows how much I'm making off of him, because I use the money to buy other stuff from him. It comes full circle with him doing all the labor and me doing all the selling, packing, and shipping.
The usual rule around here is the receiver has to be torched (not bandsawed) into at minimum four pieces. He keeps the nub of metal with the serial number, scraps the rest of the frame/receiver for weight, sells me literally everything else. I think I've built 4 or 5 back into complete guns, fully legally of course.
Some of y'all keep wondering where I find all those scopes, well they were on seized rifles.

I've never spent more than $45 for any knife. I was just never one of those gun guys that delved into blades.
As for the destroying guns, I know the guy that has several county and city contracts around here, and I have been buying his parts kits for years. Some I've assembled back into guns for personal collection, some kits I've sold for an extreme profit, some are collecting dust in my garage waiting for the perfect receiver to pop up on GB. If there's one guy (him) willing to destroy them for free (your payment is what you can get from the accoutrements), then it may be hard to make a business out of getting paid to destroy them. His last big haul had a SCAR, 7 Glocks, and like 9 Mossberg 500s, along with hundreds of interesting others, and dozens of turds. Even Hi Point parts kits bring more money than I'm paying him, and he knows how much I'm making off of him, because I use the money to buy other stuff from him. It comes full circle with him doing all the labor and me doing all the selling, packing, and shipping.
The usual rule around here is the receiver has to be torched (not bandsawed) into at minimum four pieces. He keeps the nub of metal with the serial number, scraps the rest of the frame/receiver for weight, sells me literally everything else. I think I've built 4 or 5 back into complete guns, fully legally of course.
Some of y'all keep wondering where I find all those scopes, well they were on seized rifles.
You must be Anti 2A...I'm telling Don Spencer

I too Goddamned cheap to pay much for a knife,

The majority of my knives were less then $50 otd,

I've got a damascus ag russel I paid $160 for, it's razor sharp & holds an edge great.

Some I found in old barns & houses we were demolishing.

The ones I keep are good blades that sharpen hair shaving & hold an edge.

The ones that don't I give away

EBAY Alert

I figured I'd put this here but will link it too.

So my kid wanted a knife and showed me...green bugout for $95. Pretty good deal and didn't think much about it. So he orders it (I'm involved because I'm a sucker for my kids and they all use my address for their ordering junk). It arrives, and he opens it says 'this isn't very sharp" which threw red flags because no matter how commie a Benchmade is, they are a fricking razor blade when they come out of the box. So I said give it to me, and looked at it, and told him I think it's fake. Dull as shit, the logos weren't where they usually are, the choil was angled. so we looked up some comparisons and sure enough. Fake. So we requested a refund, said it was fake, and sent pictures. The ad was pulled for policy violations and dude turned off item feedback before the request was sent, but, he sent a full refund and apologized profusely. He has a pretty high rating and probably doesn't want to be known a counterfeit seller. I think he knew it was fake sometime before we sent the request...somebody else probably pinged him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was being genuine when he was apologizing. He was not a dick at all and owned it so thumbs up for him. OR he got caught and didn't want to lose his bidnet.

Labeling and package can be as fake as the knife. No manufacture date on the white label? For sure fake. Date and no full model number, might be a fake. Less than half the price of new and it is new? Fake. No foam and the knife in a plastic bag? Fake These are always packaged well unless they're used. Not razor sharp? Fake

Last edited:
EBAY Alert

So my kid wanted a knife and showed me...green bugout for $95. Pretty good deal and didn't think much about it. So he orders it (I'm involved because I'm a sucker for my kids and they all use my address for their ordering junk). It arrives, and he opens it says 'this isn't very sharp" which threw red flags because no matter how commie a Benchmade is, they are a fricking razor blade when they come out of the box. So I said give it to me, and looked at it, and told him I think it's fake. Dull as shit, the logos weren't where they usually are, the choil was angled. so we looked up some comparisons and sure enough. Fake. So we requested a refund, said it was fake, and sent pictures. The ad was pulled for policy violations and dude turned off item feedback before the request was sent, but, he sent a full refund and apologized profusely. He has a pretty high rating and probably doesn't want to be known a counterfeit seller. I think he knew it was fake sometime before we sent the request...somebody else probably pinged him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was being genuine when he was apologizing. He was not a dick at all and owned it so thumbs up for him. OR he got caught and didn't want to lose his bidnet.

Labeling and package can be as fake as the knife. No manufacture date on the white label? For sure fake. Date and no full model number, might be a fake. Less than half the price of new and it is new? Fake. No foam and the knife in a plastic bag? Fake These are always packaged well unless they're used. Not razor sharp? Fake
That’s the truth. Recently I bought these two from Temu just see what they were like. Good enough for some schmuck who doesn’t know any better, but there’s small things to catch. They even came with paperwork/manuals stating “made in USA” etc. but there’s always little things to catch. For example, this shaman never came in the brown micarta with x black blade, as far as I know. The blade profile is also slightly off. The combat(or maybe patrol, I’m no spiderco fanatic) has the incorrect locking mechanism and handle material. Also, the blade profile is wrong. On both knives the blade metals are not the correct ones spiderco used for the original knives. Most surefires on Amazon are fake too.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Good things to know, and keep in mind when shopping online. Although, for $60 for both, I have some pretty solid everyday throwaway knives.

EBAY Alert

Im very, very sorry this happened, and i am glad yall got a refund.

I'm not worried about it, it was his money. I told him that the people who have multiples of the same thing, like "8 left, 25 sold", are probably counterfeiters or selling counterfeit. Especially on the cheap. The ones selling one maybe two, at new or a little lower, are probably more legit. That's with anything on ebay though.

I'm not worried about it, it was his money. I told him that the people who have multiples of the same thing, like "8 left, 25 sold", are probably counterfeiters or selling counterfeit. Especially on the cheap. The ones selling one maybe two, at new or a little lower, are probably more legit. That's with anything on ebay though.
My strategy is to bid/buy only in the auction format and from an individual that has only one listed. The sellers with multiples of the same item scream counterfeit to me.

My strategy is to bid/buy only in the auction format and from an individual that has only one listed. The sellers with multiples of the same item scream counterfeit to me.
I don't try to reason with my kids any longer. I just let them do and learn. Then I get to say my favorite Indian word, "Itoadaso"

I don't try to reason with my kids any longer. I just let them do and learn. Then I get to say my favorite Indian word, "Itoadaso"
Yep, we share the same philosophy in regards to the kids. I shake my head and bite my tongue a lot!

I bought an obviously fake CobraTec OTF on GB.
It doesn't have any logos and there's a good size bur along the sharp part, but other than that it's fun for exactly what we use it for, a fidget spinner that opens boxes.
I would probably buy more from him at that price point.
I just thought I'd share, I know it doesn't answer a single question in this thread. I paid $13.88 for something currently going for $154, and it was never advertised as a CobraTec. The seller is local in Okla and still has 4 pages of fake knives for sale. But as I said, he's in no way advertising them as the real deal.
REAL KNIFE:
620f3e7f95c36_large.jpg
The one I paid $13 for:

PXL_20240805_053003320.jpgPXL_20240805_052959993.jpgPXL_20240805_053012922.jpgPXL_20240805_053008525.jpg
The sellers still current Gunbroker:

He claims in the ads that he builds them in Guthrie by hand.
"I will guarantee you will be impressed or your money back. I offer lifetime warranty on my autos...Ive been building knives over 8 years and am not going anywhere."
"Shipping may be delayed due to I build and test these."

Last edited: