What's new

50 BMG Thread

ClintC

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
Let’s see the 50’s, hear you thought, or which one you want, where you shoot.

The Serbu BFG-50 with a 26in barrel. This is more of a range toy for me. I want to start reloaded for it eventually. It has less then 50 round on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpeg
    IMG_1197.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
Let’s see the 50’s, hear you thought, or which one you want, where you shoot.

The Serbu BFG-50 with a 26in barrel. This is more of a range toy for me. I want to start reloaded for it eventually. It has less then 50 round on it.
Do you have a good place to stretch it's legs?

I wouldn't mind an Accuracy International AX50

I don't follow the 50 cal genera very close. Never figured I'd own one not having a place to shoot it. I do now have a place I can go out to 900m, but even that is a bit meager for its potential.

What ever became of those 50 cal. uppers that you could use a 1911 lower as the fire control group? I know the BATFE boys really got their nickers in a bunch over them. Did they manage to get them banned or does someone still make them?

Do you have a good place to stretch it's legs?
Not anymore. I had 80 acres I hunted and shot on. Land owner put cattle on it so that stopped me. I couldn’t hit shit with it anyway past 300. 600gr military ball ammo isn’t that accurate. I got some Hornady 750gr ammo now. i havent shot the rifle in about a year now. I need to get it out.

I don't follow the 50 cal genera very close. Never figured I'd own one not having a place to shoot it. I do now have a place I can go out to 900m, but even that is a bit meager for its potential.

What ever became of those 50 cal. uppers that you could use a 1911 lower as the fire control group? I know the BATFE boys really got their nickers in a bunch over them. Did they manage to get them banned or does someone still make them?
The 50 upper is not band. It’s just considered a firearm. i dont exactly remember the wording but you just buy the complete rifle now.

The 50 upper is not band. It’s just considered a firearm. i dont exactly remember the wording but you just buy the complete rifle now.
Well the reason the 50 cal uppers were so popular was that they were a non serialized part. You already had the serialized lower with your 1911. The ATF had no way to list you owning a 50 on their non existent list. Can't have that now can we?

Well the reason the 50 cal uppers were so popular was that they were a non serialized part. You already had the serialized lower with your 1911. The ATF had no way to list you owning a 50 on their non existent list. Can't have that now can we?
I looked it up. It was a bolt action barreled upper. All bolt actions barreled or not, with or without trigger get a SN. in turn they where selling actions without SN.

I looked it up. It was a bolt action barreled upper. All bolt actions barreled or not, with or without trigger get a SN. in turn they where selling actions without SN.
I have to assume that this only applies to 50BMG uppers. At some point that must not have been required and the AFT changed the rules by fiat?

I would most likely get a .408 CheyTac before that though.