What's new

6.5 creedmoor vs 308win

Just going to spit ball the price of a Ruger gen 2. 650 plus tax at 8.25 %.
AR10 308 around 800 plus tax at 8.25%.
bass pro or cabelas will give a military discount at 10%
makes that AR10 a little closer in reach. But I do know about working in a budget

I don’t qualify for military discount

But I do 🙄

edit. You don’t know anyone that does. If you know someone that is retired military. They sometimes get tax exempt in oklahoma.

I prefer the flight characteristics of the 6.5 Creedmoor. Both with kill game at the most probable encounter ranges. Did it get hyped up, yes, because it ended up not being some trash wildcat. If you arent thinking about "where can I plunder ammo from while running from zombies for my only rifle" then I would probably go with the 6.5.

I have several already loaded for the creedmoor but in shtf scenarios I’m not sure we will find anything on the shelves

I have multiple of both and love both children equally.

I learned wind on a .308 from an old timer, so there is a special place in my heart for slow and fat.

6.5 feels like cheating in the wind. I fell in love with the 6.5x47 Lapua when I was young and always vowed to get one. 6.5 Creedmoor is very close and more. Loading is a dream for the round. Stick 40-41 grains of H4350 under your flavor of 140 grain bang flop

Inside realistic kill distances for deer, I don't think one out shines the other. I'll link the Vortex Podcast that breaks them down.

You could load that .270 under 300 yards and kick that creeds ass 7 days a week.

308 cause I have one. And it’s not a 6.5cm. As far as 6.5 not being enough I don’t agree cause if my 243 can drop studs with 100gr sp ammo a 6.5 can with proper bullet selection

2 with the 243
IMG_9474.jpegIMG_4207.jpeg

The whole reason 6.5 Creedmor exploded on the scene was the advent of PRS competition and the extra 450-550 meters before you drop transonic. The same factors that bore the Creedmor allowed the.308 to find another gear. The most important thing with either round when hunting is shot placement and a bullet that makes it all the way to Carnegie Hall.

In my fevered brain the fact that you can get 7mm in grain weight near 200 gives it the edge in sectional density over the 6.5 for classical long range terminal performance ala Core-lokts etc. These new tumble on impact monolithic projectiles kind of turn traditional schools of thought on their head though. With a decent stash of components while the getting is good nothing really lacks for viability.

Final factor is how much bump can you hump before you fall on your rump or recoil Baby!

I can take the recoil of any rifle. Do I want to? NO. I’ll stick with my 270 for deer and 6mm for fun.

I can take the recoil of any rifle. Do I want to? NO. I’ll stick with my 270 for deer and 6mm for fun.
I can take any rifle except one. I have a 270 Weatherby Mag Mk5 that I’m not sure has ever been dead zero. By the third round I start twitching like I have neurological issues and break into tears as I approach the bench.

Edit: It sure is pretty though. I’m thinking about running a wire through the bore and turning it into a fancy sconce light. 🤣