What's new

Ballistic Helmet?

JEVapa

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
If you have or still wear ballistic helmets for your job, what do you see here?

IMG_2401.jpeg
IMG_2402.jpeg

I don’t know much about the helmet but I do have the walker headset with the band over the top. i didnt know they made them for the helmet
Those are pretty cool. I seen where ya could buy the mic and communicate with in reasonable distance

This helmet is a hackjob on an ACH by someone who's trying to sell it as a "High Cut Modification". If you ever run across one of these, just know that it's a crock of shit. Anytime someone cuts and drills on a ballistic helmet, they delaminate the kevlar and compromise the helmet. It's completely worthless now...the chinstrap and stuff he put on it is worth more than the helmet. I 9mm will punch through it or cause enough backface deformation that it'll cave in somebody's skull. The Ninja Turtle green, the bolt in the front, tape job on the rim, and the ghetto fitted rails are a dead give away. There are actually quite a few people who sell these to suckers and cops that don't know shit. And Walkers aren't comms headsets

now that you pointed it out I see.
I know nothing of these. Iv looked at them before prices are all over the place. The trim on the helmet looks like the door strip from a vehicle. I use the walkers for hear protection. I got from Wally World.

Here's a shop that 'professionally" mods an ACH or other ballistic helmets. Notice their first FAQ with a disclaimer. They look cool and if you're just using it for shooting coyotes and hogs with nods or LARPing, you're good. If you're a cop or someone needing ballistic protection, probably a bad idea. You can get good used Team Wendys and Ops Cores for ok prices. Your BHG ain't worth how cheap you want to be unless you're an idiot.

Last edited: