What's new

Brisket smoke

Am I the only one here who doesn’t love brisket? I’ve eaten some highly touted ones and I just don’t see the allure. It’s not bad at all. But I’d suck on a ribeye or any “good” steak cut before I went to brisket.

Am I the only one here who doesn’t love brisket? I’ve eaten some highly touted ones and I just don’t see the allure. It’s not bad at all. But I’d suck on a ribeye or any “good” steak cut before I went to brisket.
Two completely different beasts. BBQ vs steak supper I think the ribeye would most often win out. Good BBQ will make your mouth water but that’s in my opinion for a gathering, least around here.

what I’m getting at is: if you offer me a good grilled ribeye or a good smoked brisket- I’m taking ribeye every time. If you offer me good brisket or a good pulled pork- I’m picking pulled pork most of the time. Brisket just ain’t my jam. Nothing wrong with it, it just isnt my preferred smoked meat.

It’s expensive enough that’s for sure. Smoked a large pork butt for almost 22hours this year on the fourth and it was the crowd favorite over my cousins much more expensive brisket. I’ve never had to do one that long but everything I read said patience. Wouldn’t hesitate now to do another.

what I’m getting at is: if you offer me a good grilled ribeye or a good smoked brisket- I’m taking ribeye every time. If you offer me good brisket or a good pulled pork- I’m picking pulled pork most of the time. Brisket just ain’t my jam. Nothing wrong with it, it just isnt my preferred smoked meat.

Sounds like you enjoy putting meat in your mouth.

I like it right after it's rested then cut. Reheated, it's in chilli, beans or a sandwich. I'd rather have a Tri-Tip to be honest.

After I spent 3 days, trimming, marinating, smoking, resting and then cleaning my smoker.......I do maybe 1-2 a year

**Edited** Put a comma in between chilli and beans cause it's not FUCKING chilli if beans are in it

Last edited:
**Edited** Put a comma in between chilli and beans cause it's not FUCKING chilli if beans are in it
Damn Yankees. Chili has beans in it. Chili con carne has beans and beef in it.

Chili without beans comes out of a can and is only fit for putting on hot dogs.

Last edited:
Hell, THESE are chilli's, what ever else you Southerners call that bean, beef, stew stuff ain't a chilli, it some concoction that has chilli's in it. "Bunch a nerve wracking soms a bitches"7a4e5419cdd0ee24a1ed7395af6e11ef_6e55214b-494e-4f8c-82d7-d3122689dbce_edited_1800x1800.jpg

Hell, THESE are chilli's, what ever else you Southerners call that bean, beef, stew stuff ain't a chilli, it some concoction that has chilli's in it. "Bunch a nerve wracking soms a bitches"View attachment 6739
Chili is a prepared food dish. Those are chiles.

Looks a bit dry & extra done, put some beef broth & some honey bbq sauce on it on a hoagie roll with mozzarella & spinach leaves.

As for real chili, it don't have beans in it.

Put beans in it and you've got a pot of chili beans, might as well cook some rice so you can eat chili beans & rice

Ahhh whipping out the transplant hippie chick who wrote a cook book don't make no points here! I grew up at the eastern edge of the Hatch valley in the late 50s and 60s. Our town had 212 people in it and only about 6 of those families were " non Hispanic". The stew with or without beans was considered a "Texas" thing, and hardly anyone ate it or made it. We made refritos and those might have meat or not, along with onion some garlic, but always plenty of CHILLI, either red or green. The meat was almost always pig, because we sold the cows for money! and there weren't no Chile about it!

Side note: Some of her recipes are really good! Via con Dios Mary.