What's new

LaRue Battle Knife is Live!

Other than the cool factor, and possible zombie defense, what is the point of these big ass knives? I use to own a Kabar but I sold it because I couldn't find any practical use for it. My little Gerber paraframe was easier to carry, just as sharp, and cut amazon boxes just as well.

Other than the cool factor, and possible zombie defense, what is the point of these big ass knives? I use to own a Kabar but I sold it because I couldn't find any practical use for it. My little Gerber paraframe was easier to carry, just as sharp, and cut amazon boxes just as well.
If you’re gonna use it vs displaying it, and your not stabbing people or cutting up cheesecake, then they’re great field knives for camping, hunting, etc.

If you’re gonna use it vs displaying it, and your not stabbing people or cutting up cheesecake, then they’re great field knives for camping, hunting, etc.

So I always have either an esee-3 or esee-6 in my truck at all times. Usually both. I find that a good fixed blade gets used an awful lot when camping/hunting/backpacking. I have a good santoku knife living in my camp kitchen box, but if I lost my damn filet knife again, or left the kitchen box back at camp and need to prep a solid meal out, it’s nice to have something handy. Also, when backpacking, I rarely carry a sidearm. But a quality knife performs multiple jobs and while not optimal, is better than a Glock in the safe at the house. It is also a more useful option than a dedicated kitchen knife or a leatherman.

I think a lot of it is just personal taste, honestly. I dislike folding knives for anything but an everyday Amazon box opener or a knife I can shove in my pocket for errands.

They already pulled my money. Guess I won’t have to wait long.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I just got off the phone with them. They are charging your CC at the time of order, but they will be fulfilling the orders at a rate of 80 per week. I tried to find out how far down the list my order was, but he couldn't tell me exactly. Only that based upon that number I was in the first 50% of the initial 1000 production run. He explained if your order number was 1150XXX that put you in the first half. If it was 1151XXX the second. My number is 1150836. Sounds like it may be many weeks before I see it. What was your number? The bright side is we are getting special signed cases, a commemorative hat and special sheath. It will be worth the wait unless I die first.

They started somewhere around 300 I was told, so you’re about the 500ish mark. Mine is 1069 so that puts me at 750 ish

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I thought. I just got off the phone with them. They are charging your CC at the time of order, but they will be fulfilling the orders at a rate of 80 per week. I tried to find out how far down the list my order was, but he couldn't tell me exactly. Only that based upon that number I was in the first 50% of the initial 1000 production run. He explained if your order number was 1150XXX that put you in the first half. If it was 1151XXX the second. My number is 1150836. Sounds like it may be many weeks before I see it. What was your number? The bright side is we are getting special signed cases, a commemorative hat and special sheath. It will be worth the wait unless I die first.
That’s kinda lame, but not a biggie.

I’m number 0819, so we’re pretty close. Ordered mine at 1530 opening day. The lowest number I’ve seen is 0370, which was ordered 2 minutes before the email blast went out. So without assuming he already has a stockpile to send out immediately, it should take us 41-ish days from ordering to open the box and hold the knife.

That’s kinda lame, but not a biggie.

I’m number 0819, so we’re pretty close. Ordered mine at 1530 opening day. The lowest number I’ve seen is 0370, which was ordered 2 minutes before the email blast went out. So without assuming he already has a stockpile to send out immediately, it should take us 41-ish days from ordering to open the box and hold the knife.
That's what I've seen also. If I remember correctly, it was 384. I ordered about 30 mins after the email went out and I'm 0608. If numbers are right, I'm 3 weeks out, but It'll probably be about 2-3 months.

I was hoping someone in this group would have received their knife by now. Wonder if they're falling behind their projected production?