What's new

LaRue Battle Knife is Live!

The knife arrived just now. It's very impressive and has a nice in hand feel. I don't see much reason to post pics since they all look alike. I guess the only thing that chaps my ass a little bit is buying a premium knife and it's dull out of the box. I have very poor skills at sharpening a knife. They usually end up duller than when I started. Every Hogue or Bark River I have ever purchased has come hair popping sharp. I have near a hundred knives so if one gets dull, I just put it on the shelf and grab another. I'll leave it to my heirs to resharpen them.

It's supposed to be sharp. The LRIP one I got is sharp AF. I'll ask about that. At any rate, I'll sharpen it for you if you want. It's easy, unless the edge is blunt or round.

It's got a clean ground edge, just not sharp enough to catch on my thumbnail let alone shave arm hair.

Does it cut steak or butter? I just got a reply asking if it's never been sharpened.

It would probably make it's way through a steak, but not in one or two strokes. No way it would cut Bob's brisket. I can run my fingers back and forth along the edge and it won't leave a mark.