What's new

LaRue Battle Knife is Live!

They’re making 16 per day, 80 per week…I think they just hit 200 or so out the door. Order numbers started at 300 I think so any number you have above that divide by 80, and add that as weeks and count down on your calendar. There should be at least 2-3 people getting theirs soon. One more thing, I don’t think they went full swing until about a week or two after order were completed. Probably finalizing setup between the LRIP and full production. I have an LRIP so I’ll see what differences there are.

Last edited:
They’re making 16 per day, 80 per week…I think they just hit 200 or so out the door. Order numbers started at 300 I think so any number you have above that divide by 80, and add that as weeks and count down on your calendar.
Yeah that's why I thought ef9turbo with #608 should have gotten his by now. If they're only at 200 then that's about 30 per week unless they didn't start fulfilling orders the first week of June like I thought they were going to do. Guess it doesn't really matter. It'll get here when it gets here.

Yeah that's why I thought ef9turbo with #608 should have gotten his by now. If they're only at 200 then that's about 30 per week unless they didn't start fulfilling orders the first week of June like I thought they were going to do. Guess it doesn't really matter. It'll get here when it gets here.
I don’t think they started up putting them in boxes 80 per week for at least a couple weeks. They didn’t have them on hand. These are essentially made after order and they have to get orders, start producing, treat and finish, quality, package, and ship. I know it takes about a week or two to complete a knife for stabbing and cutting. So, when @ef9turbo gets his, we can gauge when we’ll get ours.

Last edited:
Assuming a starting order number of 380ish and 80/week, I estimated that I would get my order 819 by the first week of July. Hasn’t happened. I’m not worried about it though, waiting is the name of the game with Larue, it’s part of the experience. I’ve found it’s worth the wait every time, and it helps that I won’t buy anything time sensitive from them.

I went looking through the various forums and FB groups and the earliest I found that someone got their knife was one month and one day after the sale. 28 June. So, do your calculation and add four weeks minimum to that. The other thing is they are delivering by payment received----if 10 people have numbers 320-329, depending on how fast their payment processes through their bank or CC company, will determine how fast you get your knife, not what your order number is. So hopefully your bank is fast...milliseconds are determining where you are in line.

Last edited:
I was hoping someone in this group would have received their knife by now. Wonder if they're falling behind their projected production?
That would be larue doing larue things

It's here... very well packaged, cool extras!

Attachments

• IMG_8247.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8248.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8247.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8248.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8249.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8250.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8251.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8252.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8253.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8255.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8256.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8257.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8260.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 12
So it just popped into my mind that I am still waiting for my knife. I had actually forgot about some time back. ef9 got his back on 7/25. It has been 10.7 weeks since then and I still have heard nothing. Based upon my order number and their 80 p/w stated schedule, I should have gotten mine 3 weeks later. I'm not one to pester dealers about slow deliveries, but this is getting a little beyond reasonable. Usually the way this works is I wait until I feel I have to say something and then I get a shipping notification the next day. We'll see if that pattern holds.

So it just popped into my mind that I am still waiting for my knife. I had actually forgot about some time back. ef9 got his back on 7/25. It has been 10.7 weeks since then and I still have heard nothing. Based upon my order number and their 80 p/w stated schedule, I should have gotten mine 3 weeks later. I'm not one to pester dealers about slow deliveries, but this is getting a little beyond reasonable. Usually the way this works is I wait until I feel I have to say something and then I get a shipping notification the next day. We'll see if that pattern holds.
Call and send an email. They’ll probably answer. I know they ran out of steel in the middle…they got to about half of the 1000 ordered, and had to order more steel. So, nobody would sell steel so he bought a run of s30v. It took over 30 days of no steel, so if you know how manufacturing goes, each week equals a month. The priority is to close out and deliver the remaining orders from the first 1000 (that’s you, me, Holechit). Then, they’ll start making knives for this next run. So we’ll get our knives, just late now.

Call and send an email. They’ll probably answer. I know they ran out of steel in the middle…they got to about half of the 1000 ordered, and had to order more steel. So, nobody would sell steel so he bought a run of s30v. It took over 30 days of no steel, so if you know how manufacturing goes, each week equals a month. The priority is to close out and deliver the remaining orders from the first 1000 (that’s you, me, Holechit). Then, they’ll start making knives for this next run. So we’ll get our knives, just late now.
Appreciate the info. I'm sure I'll forget about it again in a week or so and all will be well.