What's new

Ruger American 6ARC

ClintC

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
Ruger announced that they will be dropping a 6mm ARC first quarter. This will be the Ruger American Gen 2. Running AI mags. Well I own 3 let’s make this one number 4. I will definitely put it in a chassis system. This time I’m looking at the sharps brothers chassis.

These look nice, but man it is hard to buy anything that isn't 700 pattern. So many parts for them!

Have you thought about the 6 MAX much? I think when forster makes dies, I am going to build one.

Parts are there but not like the 700 platform. For the Ruger American I think it more of a fallowing then just parts. I did find a nice 6GT I’m pondering too. Solus action and barrel done by buthch’s gun in Woodward. Excellent gun smith there.

Parts are there but not like the 700 platform. For the Ruger American I think it more of a fallowing then just parts. I did find a nice 6GT I’m pondering too. Solus action and barrel done by buthch’s gun in Woodward. Excellent gun smith there.

I’m familiar with Butch’s. He does have a phenomenal gunsmith

Was looking at the 6 max too. 223 bolt face with great preference for the cartridge.

The solus action is such a good deal. I am still seeing it under $800.

the Solus is the cheapest on the market besides buying a $600 rifle and upgrading off the action. I’m really want the Ruger 6Arc to go with the collection. But liking the 6GT rifle as well.

My 6x47 Lapua was done up by Matt at Buch’s, that damn thing has the smoothest 700 action I’ve ever felt and it probably the best shooting gun I own, although my Kimber LPT in 308 gives it a hell of a run for its money.

IMG_9425.jpeg

I’m really thinking I should go back up there and get the 6GT. I know it was done right. I have it in my head that I want a Seekins Havak too. Just don’t know anyone that has one to ask questions. I need to just step up my game if I want to keep up with @conditionzero with preseason shooting.

Will I’m getting a 6GT on saturday. as soon as the rifle is in hand, load development and upgrades will be happening shortly after.

Last edited:
Will I’m getting a 6GT on saturday. Ones the rifle is in hand, load development and upgrades will be happening shortly after.
Very jealous!

Will I’m getting a 6GT on saturday. as soon as the rifle is in hand, load development and upgrades will be happening shortly after.

Sheesh. You’re coming to Hooker?

No. The guy said he is coming to Hammon on saturday. So I’m going to meet him there. He said he was a FFL there and i needed to do the 4473. Told him fine.

Heck yeah man! Super jelly. I want another one now.