What's new

What’s a forum without a gardening thread?

@BadgeBunny Did you start your heirloom seeds yet?
Nope! The guys doing my remodel tore the hell outta my back yard replacing the sewer system. And they have walked all over the garden beds in the front where I was gonna plant this year. I'm hoping I can get a few things started in July and have a fall garden. If you'd like I'll start a thread and post pics when I start the seeds and have a running gardening thread here. It won't be any trouble -- I'm gonna resurrect my gardening thread over on survivalistboards.com also. Seems like as a mod, I ought to do SOMETHING besides give the poor fellas a hard time. 😉🤷

Second pic is my fig tree the backhoe driver leveled as he was going to my backyard to dig the trench.

Third pic is a catnip plant. That poor little guy has been stepped on so many times that I fully expect to see it bloom in the shape of a middle finger any day now. I have no idea how the poor little thing is still alive -- muchless BLOOMING! 😳
IMG20240423155012.jpgIMG20240505142858.jpgIMG20240505142957.jpg

Well these did pop up after a rainstorm. I’ll try to update photo tomorrow to see what they look like.
I think you’re a bit out of range for any of the fun ones to occur naturally. Not to say weird shit doesn’t happen though. And I mean shit literally.

I planted a bunch of watermelon, bush beans, zucchini, cucumbers, okra, and peppers a week and a half ago. Today I have watermelon and something else bursting from the ground. I’ll get some pics tomorrow if I remember. I should start labeling things when I plant them. Also, my bitchin herb garden is killing it. Used rosemary from it 3 times this weekend, was amazing.

I think you’re a bit out of range for any of the fun ones to occur naturally. Not to say weird shit doesn’t happen though. And I mean shit literally.
I say this pretty often:

“Every zoo is a petting zoo, unless you’re a little bitch.”

Likewise:

“Every mushroom is a lifetime supply of psychedelic shrooms, unless you’re a little bitch”

I say this pretty often:

“Every zoo is a petting zoo, unless you’re a little bitch.”

Likewise:

“Every mushroom is a lifetime supply of psychedelic shrooms, unless you’re a little bitch”
1.) rosemary is tits. Beef, chicken, antelope, duck… doesn’t matter. Rosemary comes to play and to please.

2.) please don’t eat every mushroom you see.