What's new

Questions on ARs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not how an M-14 gas cut off spindle works.... AT All..... So, like I said you've told me all I need to know. But I will tell ya this, I will post in your threads when I see you giving bad, or misguided advice, just so folks can have a second opinion! 😉

Third hole??? In an AK??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

"(changing compression speed changes spring expansion speed)"
So if I took all day to compress a spring, it would take a long time for it to spring back???? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Can you say Spring Constant? Sure you can, (said in my best Fred Rogers voice!)

Last edited:
That is not how an M-14 gas cut off spindle works.... AT All..... So, like I said you've told me all I need to know. But I will tell ya this, I will post in your threads when I see you giving bad, or misguided advice, just so folks can have a second opinion! 😉

Third hole??? In an AK??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

"(changing compression speed changes spring expansion speed)"
So if I took all day to compress a spring, it would take a long time for it to spring back???? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Can you say Spring Constant? Sure you can, (said in my best Fred Rogers voice!)
You’re letting your ignorance show again. The third hole/axis pin is for the auto sear in an AK. You probably couldnt tell a yugo from a Norinco, or a milled receiver from a stamped one.
And you say the gas valve in the M14 has to be completely on or off? Off for a grenade launch sure but it will function partially opened. Doing that slows down the action, decrease the beating and lengthens the life of the bedding, and increase accuracy once adjusted to reliable operation.
obviously shit you don’t know.
Youre flat out trolling.

Let’s address coil springs. They differ from gun to gun, all in a specified length slightly compressed. Lengthen that specified length and the force required to compress it is lightened. That Is trigger improvement 101.
And no, the spring reaction to expansion is not a linear time function relative to the compression time. That would depend on the engineering of the spring, temper, what steel the spring is made from, etc.
Listen and learn grasshopper.

While I’m in the teaching mode here is a trick in assembling/disassembling an AR trigger. I just helped a young shooter put in a spring kit to lighten his AR trigger pull. The small pin is used to contain the secondary sear when R/R the trigger. You drive the axis pin out with the pin, clear the Trigger of thereceiver. Replace the springs, reinstall without jiggling the secondary sear to line it up. (Thank you Mr. Geisele!)
You can shorten an extra axis pin and use it! Saves time and effort when dealing with your AR FCG!
Your welcome grasshopper!😎IMG_1856.jpeg

I’m a fan of drop in triggers. Adjust pull weight and go. No more BS to deal with.

And for us mere mortals who haven't stared down a frozen landing light on the catwalk of a nuclear reactor while being held at M-16 point....
Axis pin = hammer or trigger pin
Secondary sear= disconnect, unless it has an extra tail on it then it is a secondary sear and doesn't belong in a young shooters gun.... unless😁

Never called myself an armorer. Armorers are paid. Taking in weapons and repairing them without an FFL is against the law.
This is false. If one gets an armorer cert then he's a trained armorer for that discipline, company, etc. Armorers are not paid unless they are working for someone as an armorer. It's a qual/certification. AND, they don't require an FFL. That is a gunsmith. Now if one is doing gunsmith shit and transferring weapons all unqualified, well, then that person's a dumbass.
You're conflating shit.

I have received several training certificates, well over 100, in everything from robotics to educatiom seminars at OU, in the last 40 years. They went out the door years ago. No I don’t have the certificate for what I remember as a three day class.
Funny. In your street creds, you called out your 1990s Colt Armorer course as a qualification for your vast Armalite Rifle 15 Nollege, in addition to all your experience having gun building parties, working on two major brand AR15s one time, and other such things. If you're going to drop bonfides, then make sure you can produce something to validate what you say, otherwise it's just bullshit

Here's some reading material that can help. You can get a hard copy from Amazon or one on digits all over the net. This is the big kingshit of M16 series Armalite Rifle 15 manuals.
TM 9-1005-319-23&P
Copy paste in the Amazon search

Or google:
TM 9-1005-319-23&P

Anybody here have questions on ARs, such as changing barrels, adding accessories such as red dots, scopes, weapon lights, etc, ask me and I’ll be glad to help.
i was supposed to teach a class the past spring at OKC GUN CLUB for building ARs but we pt it off because of uncertainity how I was going to handle radiation for cancer.
i went through a Colt AR armorers course in the early 90s, built my first one in the mid 80s, fixed several of them for LE friends, etc.
If I’m unsure of your question I won‘t BS you or take a WAG on repair. A non functioning firearm is only good for a club or collecting rust in the corner.
So my answer to your OP is, no, you don't have any Nollege that would benefit me or anyone I know regarding the Armalite Rifle 15. There is absolutely nothing I'd learn from you other than anything you say, I'd have to go double check because there's a high probability that it's bullshit. Carbon build up, bolt lock, sniper, cold bore, heat, harmonics, flip, blah blah blah. LOL nonsensical garbage. I think you suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I usually don't seagull shit, but Ima seagull your shit, lol Enjoy!!

Last edited:
This is false. If one gets an armorer cert then he's a trained armorer for that discipline, company, etc. Armorers are not paid unless they are working for someone as an armorer. It's a qual/certification. AND, they don't require an FFL. That is a gunsmith. Now if one is doing gunsmith shit and transferring weapons all unqualified, well, then that person's a dumbass.
You're conflating shit.

Funny. In your street creds, you called out your 1990s Colt Armorer course as a qualification for your vast Armalite Rifle 15 Nollege, in addition to all your experience having gun building parties, working on two major brand AR15s one time, and other such things. If you're going to drop bonfides, then make sure you can produce something to validate what you say, otherwise it's just bullshit

Here's some reading material that can help. You can get a hard copy from Amazon or one on digits all over the net. This is the big kingshit of M16 series Armalite Rifle 15 manuals.
TM 9-1005-319-23&P
Copy paste in the Amazon search

Or google:
TM 9-1005-319-23&P

So my answer to your OP is, no, you don't have any Nollege that would benefit me or anyone I know regarding the Armalite Rifle 15. There is absolutely nothing I'd learn from you other than anything you say, I'd have to go double check because there's a high probability that it's bullshit. Carbon build up, bolt lock, sniper, cold bore, heat, harmonics, flip, blah blah blah. LOL nonsensical garbage. I think you suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I usually don't seagull shit, but Ima seagull your shit, lol Enjoy!!
You got it wrong. I don’t have street creds, I’ve got build experience. plus working on lots of ARs ,Dating back to the mid 80s when all the parts were MILITARY. BEFORE colt went to the 173 pins to keep people from using the military FCGs and drop ins.
And anybody other than a trained chimpanzee that has worked on and that has dealt in depth with semi auto miktary match rifles knows that bolt dwell time is one of the most important things for accuracy. That is done with the gas systems in properly head spaced rifles.
If that is above your level of understanding I‘d be glad to show you but nope, you're obviously way too snart.
As far as the AR literature, I’ve read far more than you probably have including the military match prep literature.
What I’ve given to others iin military manuals is probably a hell if a lot more than you own.
you never did answer my question about facing the upper, whether you did it or not. That can affect the torque on the barrel but and the results in accuracy, If you didn’t know it, you do now.
Youre welcome.
Too bad grasshoppers, this could have been a good thread to help others with their ARs.
Aint no skin off my nose it ain’t gonna fly. 😂

I’m a fan of drop in triggers. Adjust pull weight and go. No more BS to deal with.
I’ve never messed with one of the drop ins, I know guys that swear by them. I learned from Camp Perry the triggers most commonly used are Geiseles In the AR match rifles. And Krieger barrels. Sure there are others just as good but so many wouldn’t be using them if they weren’t in top scores most of the time.

You got it wrong. I don’t have street creds, I’ve got build experience. plus working on lots of ARs ,Dating back to the mid 80s when all the parts were MILITARY. BEFORE colt went to the 173 pins to keep people from using the military FCGs and drop ins.
And anybody other than a trained chimpanzee that has worked on and that has dealt in depth with semi auto miktary match rifles knows that bolt dwell time is one of the most important things for accuracy. That is done with the gas systems in properly head spaced rifles.
If that is above your level of understanding I‘d be glad to show you but nope, you're obviously way too snart.
As far as the AR literature, I’ve read far more than you probably have including the military match prep literature.
What I’ve given to others iin military manuals is probably a hell if a lot more than you own.
you never did answer my question about facing the upper, whether you did it or not. That can affect the torque on the barrel but and the results in accuracy, If you didn’t know it, you do now.
Youre welcome.
Too bad grasshoppers, this could have been a good thread to help others with their ARs.
Aint no skin off my nose it ain’t gonna fly. 😂
Why did I know how you'd respond? Lol
Facing the upper is a thing that any nutsack can do and isn't required by any manual. It's not an armorer task nor is it taught anywhere as a requirement. It's an added bonus.

You still have a real live armorer question to answer and you're obfuscating. You have massive amounts of self-awarded street creds...you told us all about them. You're a legend in your own mind. Again, you have absolutely zero knowledge that would benefit me or anyone else here on the Armalite Rifle 15.

Maybe, since this is an "AR Help" thread, if you actually said something that stayed within the AR15/M16 spec boundaries or the 23&P then maybe. But when confronted, you respond to an AR question or statement with something totally irrelevant like "what's the third hole in an AK for?" or "173 pins" or bringing up M14 gas plugs. Nothing but fuck-all to do with an AR, but it's just useless words to make yourself look smart and obfuscate for lack of real knowledge or just humility.
I bet you respond again with another retard post, lol

Why did I know how you'd respond? Lol
Facing the upper is a thing that any nutsack can do and isn't required by any manual. It's not an armorer task nor is it taught anywhere as a requirement. It's an added bonus.

You still have a real live armorer question to answer and you're obfuscating. You have massive amounts of self-awarded street creds...you told us all about them. You're a legend in your own mind. Again, you have absolutely zero knowledge that would benefit me or anyone else here on the Armalite Rifle 15.

Maybe, since this is an "AR Help" thread, if you actually said something that stayed within the AR15/M16 spec boundaries or the 23&P then maybe. But when confronted, you respond to an AR question or statement with something totally irrelevant like "what's the third hole in an AK for?" or "173 pins" or bringing up M14 gas plugs. Nothing but fuck-all to do with an AR, but it's just useless words to make yourself look smart and obfuscate for lack of real knowledge or just humility.
I bet you respond again with another retard post, lol
Aw grasshopper, once again you have let your ass show.
Now you have claimed yourself as the master, will you continue the mission to help orhers build/modify/repair their ARs?
A commitment from you would certainly bring others into the fold.
If not, go back to OSA where you belong.😂

ETA I do like turtles. The chocolate ones of course but I have been known to get one out of it’s shell and cook it when I was younger.

Holy fucking shit, guys. We all know if you want a perfect AR-15 you buy a god damn Rijas. No need to fuck around with all this what parts are better shit. All this arguing when you could have just bought a Rijas. Jesus Christ.

/end thread

Whoops - I think the grasshoppers went and hid.
Are they afraid to help others with ARs and grow the forum? Or do they retreat once they show their asses?

Holy fucking shit, guys. We all know if you want a perfect AR-15 you buy a god damn Rijas. No need to fuck around with all this what parts are better shit. All this arguing when you could have just bought a Rijas. Jesus Christ.

/end thread
I’m not going to disagree with that. But I’ve seen too many guys that support families and can’t pursue a firearms hobby.
ARs are cheap now and MANY people have bought them. They need to be encouraged and often helped conserve their finances to buy ammo.
Putti png in that spring kit this afternoon in his AR and the boy was headed to the range.
The stated purpose of this forum is to get people out on the range.
i think that is cool.

I’m not going to disagree with that. But I’ve seen too many guys that support families and can’t pursue a firearms hobby.
ARs are cheap now and MANY people have bought them. They need to be encouraged and often helped conserve their finances to buy ammo.
Putti png in that spring kit this afternoon in his AR and the boy was headed to the range.
i think that is cool.

You know the Rijas thing was a joke right.

Whoops - I think the grasshoppers went and hid.
Are they afraid to help others with ARs and grow the forum? Or do they retreat once they show their asses?

No I just think they, and most everyone else, is sick of your bullshit.

Nobody likes a know-it-all, particularly when they're mostly full of shit.

i think that is cool.

Oh for fuks sake.

Are you for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.