What's new

Recommendations for a good subsonic pellet gun

Nothing current,

had a Crosman 22cal pellet rifle back in the mid 80s into 90s until a seal gave up,

iirc pellet at ten pumps was 900fps, it was good enough to knock squirrels outta trees, it hit poa consistently.

Never replaced it,

still got my red rider I got when I turned 5, course its a bit rough &worn,

I've bought a few more of them through the years, hard to pass up a black friday $15 to $20 red rider

He'll I just remembered,

I got my nephew a 177 & 22 switch stainless barrels brake action air piston rifle 4x32 scope included approx 10 years ago at Walmart,

Don't recall the brand, but with 3 big bottles of copperheads and several tins of 22 pellets it was approx $150 otd

Pellet guns are all subsonic except for the big caliber deer hunting ones.
I like multi pump guns and nitro piston guns. I don’t like spring piston single cocking guns because the recoil makes the gun really inaccurate, unless you get a high dollar competition rifle. CMP usually has some of those.
Benjamin and Crosman multipumps are always GTG as long as you don’t go super cheap.

Benjamin/sheridan blue streak 5mm. Find an older used one with the straight forearm, there are plenty of them still around.

Pellet guns are all subsonic except for the big caliber deer hunting ones.
I like multi pump guns and nitro piston guns. I don’t like spring piston single cocking guns because the recoil makes the gun really inaccurate, unless you get a high dollar competition rifle. CMP usually has some of those.
Benjamin and Crosman multipumps are always GTG as long as you don’t go super cheap.
Yeah I should have studied this stuff a little more when I bought a single cock gun. Don't even remember what it is, but it sounds like a 22 short. It wasn't the stealth varmint gun I was expecting.

I hate to be a Debbie downer, but here’s my take:

Occasionally I think “I could use a nifty pellet gun”. So I go shopping. I find that most pellet rifles with the features/capabilities I want are in the 3-700 dollar range, without an optic/bipod/ammo/air pump. So I realize could just buy a rimfire can and have superior ballistics while saving money.

.22 Colibri out of a pistol will do a number on rodents and is quiet enough to not need hearing protection.

A .22CB out of a Stevens Favorite is surprisingly loud indoors, but the mouse didn’t make it.

Sling shot, aka wrist rocket and a marble are quiet & effective on small game.

22CB stands for Conical Bullet cap, it’s a close cousin to the 6mm flobert, aka the 22BB, or Bulleted Breech cap. They’re both originally gallery gun cartridges, which is such a cool thing. Definite goals.
Channel 22 citizen band raydideo