What's new

6GT load test

ClintC

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
Loaded some rounds last night after. As it looks now I can load this thing to 2850ish or 2900ish. The 6GT with H4350 is vary forgiving. I’ll just push it to get the most. Thinking of load some more at 37.3, 37.4, 37.5, 37.6, 37.7 and run 5 shot groups. Plus I need to get a full length neck sizing die.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
Heck yeah man. Who makes dies?

I have hornady Dies but just classic set. They came with the rifle. I thought about getting mandrill die for it. But I’ll have to look up full length neck bushing die.

I was just looking at the foster die. Really don’t need the setting die as I already have one. Redding looks to sale as a set for what I’m seeing. I’m looking around. I have about 40 or so pieces of brass to fire form before I start having to use a die.

My guess is Redding sells the die by itself. Not sure as GA is the brains behind the 6GT so maybe they have the rights? I just love how those SAC bushings keep the necks uniform.

just ordered the fosters die. Now for the bushings. SAC here we come.

just ordered the fosters die. Now for the bushings. SAC here we come.
Not sure if the SAC's will fit them. They didn't 2 years ago when I bought my 6.5 die. Their bushings were proprietary for their dies. The SAC bushings work in RCBS and Redding that I know of.

Not sure if the SAC's will fit them. They didn't 2 years ago when I bought my 6.5 die. Their bushings were proprietary for their dies. The SAC bushings work in RCBS and Redding that I know of.
Well shit now you tell me. Let me go look.

WITH UNIVERSAL OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS OF .500″ DIAMETER BY .375″ HEIGHT, THESE BUSHINGS CAN BE USED IN MOST RESIZING DIES. FOR EXAMPLE THEY WILL WORK IN THE FOLLOWING DIES.​

• RCBS
  • Whidden
  • Harrells
  • Redding
  • Hornady
  • LE Wilson

THESE WILL NOT WORK IN OUR MODULAR SIZING DIES OR FORSTER® DIES. CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.​

Looks like I’m canceling my order😢. Foster bushings it is.

Sorry man. I forgot about that.

I usually get a Forster set with the 3 bushings. I'm 3 for 3 on the correct bushing for getting .002" neck tension.

My guess is Redding sells the die by itself. Not sure as GA is the brains behind the 6GT so maybe they have the rights? I just love how those SAC bushings keep the necks uniform.
George at GAP worked with Hornady to develop this round. It’s now called the “gay tiger” (GT) over on the Hide. GAP probably has dies and brass for it on their web site

Loaded up 38 pieces of brass. I’ll have 50 fire formed pieces after this test and zero the scope. Ordered a modified case today so I can find out how deep this chamber goes. So hopefully by middle of next week I’ll be able setting depth test and get my .002 neck tension

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
6GT load test at the range today.

Attachments

• IMG_3075.jpeg
    IMG_3075.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
37.4 lookin real good
thats what I was looking at. Just going to play with neck tension and look for that jump. Right now I think it’s jumping to much and I have loads of room to post the bullet out.

Got my modified case today. tested the thought and a COL of 2.58. factory OAL is 2.50 to 2.55. right now I’m setting at 2.50 OAL. Will be pull out the bullet comparator and start pushing out. Along with setting neck tension to .002. I should see improvements.

Last edited: