What's new

Brisket smoke

ClintC

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
This one is for @caliberbob who want to learn how to smoke a brisket. 25lbs before trimming. It will be an all day smoke and we will eat it tomorrow at noon. I let it set in DR pepper all night. Then covered it with chupacabra.

Attachments

• IMG_3675.jpeg
    IMG_3675.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 25
I wouldn't call it cheating using a pellet smoker. Maybe easier if you're not a retired boomer who can spend all day baby sitting an off set.

Flavor wise, they are close. Nothing beats an offset with post oak in my opinion, but I can't do one now

Last edited:
It's a good thing I've got a chipper, I've got to chip up some more limbs for smoking chips that I use on the pellet grill/smoker.

My woman used the last of my pecan & apple tree chips for a bit of smoke last time she flame broiled/seared steaks.

Got a pile of split post oak fire wood with a little bit of black jack & red oak.

Funny she just knew it was fire wood, she didn't know the difference with it split,

Just that some burned longer than others hahahaha.

It's great campfire flavor smoke when she flame broil/sears steak, burgers & chicken & the occasional whole fish.

Smoking a brisket is cool but have you ever used an Air Fryer to cook a brisket?
I rotisserie'd a small one in a air fryer we got, it looked great, but it was tough & chewy not anything like the pernil I rotisserie.

But smoked brisket & pernil is much better tasting to me.