Not open for further replies.

rockchalk06

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Staff member
Administrator
Fren
Looking for something different.

Been looking hard at lever guns. Something in 30-30 with a threaded barrel I could throw the can on would be cool. 44 mag sounds expensive but Interesting

Budget around 800-900. Edmond area preferred.

It’s a little bit of a drive but Hillside in Cushing. They had some levers for good prices. I don’t remember all the calibers that were there. I’m still thinking about a 357 I seen there. Worst case give them a call.

If you're looking at lever guns, ask yourself these questions:
Self, Do I want rifle caliber? Or pistol caliber?
Self, What will I use it for?
Self, Am I kind of a sissy and can't take recoil coz my shoulder and cheek is weak like a bitch?

After you've truthfully answered these, you can narrow it down and not waste money.

Opinion?? I will probably never own a Henry levergun except for their 1866 brass or Ironside rifle. I think their guns are kinda cheap looking and janky...they are too cheap to use a purpose made magazine tube for their side gate loaders...so they have leftover tube feed magazines. That's the sign of cheap and janky.

Winchesters and Marlins...Ubertis/Chiappas too is what I prefer.

Most people end up doing exactly opposite and end up selling their janky Henry on OSA or stuffing the assault levergun in the safe forever because it'll bring out the bitch in someone. lol

There's a company in Stillwater that is doing badass stuff to levers. Louthan
Screenshot_20231229-121857.png

1) Self, Do I want rifle caliber? Or pistol caliber? Pistol Caliber

2) Self, What will I use it for? Just because it looks good with my revolver

3) Self, Am I kind of a sissy and can't take recoil coz my shoulder and cheek is weak like a bitch? I want to enjoy shooting the rifle when I play with it.

Self, Do I want rifle caliber? Or pistol caliber?

Yes.

Self, What will I use it for?

To taunt others who don't have one. To fondle. To whisper to it.

Self, Am I kind of a sissy and can't take recoil coz my shoulder and cheek is weak like a bitch?

My favorite calibers are .450 Marlin and .45-70 Gov't. I don't think either of those qualify as bitch calibers.

Maybe I'm kind of the oddball when it comes to the Henry tube-loading rifles. I don't like the looks (of the tube cutouts) but do find them convenient. And I don't think Henry Big Boy rifles look cheap at all. I have a .357 and it looks good, in my opinion. But...I do prefer older Marlins (nothing later than 2007) and Winchesters.

The thing with the assault leverguns is that people get them and blow all kinds of $$$ on them tricking them out, and then go to the range and shoot 10-20 rounds of 45-70 (even 30-30) and the sissy comes out real quick and they tend to sell them or put them up somewhere safe. They can never understand why they can't shoot like the dudes on you tube and why it's so painful or why their gun jumps so much. It's because they haven't figured out that most of those people are shooting reduced power loads or cowboy pistol loads. LOL

My three questions are legit. If one doesn't have the self awareness to answer them, then that one will probably be unhappy with his purchase.

The third Q doesn't apply if you are getting a pistol cal gun

If pistol, then determine if you are going to shoot full power magnum/Ruger loads (44Mag, 357amg, Ruger/TC 45 Colt loads, 38-40 rifle only loadings) or are sticking with standard loads.
Standard loads open up the aperture for type of gun to get (1866, 1873, Colt Burgess, Win 92, Marlin 94)
Magnum loads are gonna be mainly Win 92 and Marlin 94.
And of course your henry stuff.

These are just my opinions, so like assholes, we all have one.

Now THAT looks cheap and janky. And more than just a little gay. But, if the owner's happy, that's what matters...not what I think of it.
All's I can say, I couldn't even afford to view page 2 of their custom order page haha. You're looking at a close to $2000 rifle.
But you don't have to take my word for it, my only lever has neon orange covers on a picatinny tri-rail and an AR stock lol

Status
Not open for further replies.