What's new

In the buying mood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just a traditionalist when it comes to lever guns. I'd really like to see an affordable lever gun in .460 and/or .500 S&W. I don't have a Big Horn Armory budget and it would just be a fun toy...and an expensive toy to shoot...anyway. I like the big bore lever rifles. I often kick myself for selling my 1895 in .405 Win.

I have two now, both 30-30. One was my dads and has some sentimental value but I love shooting it so I keep the second to reload for and play with. It’s a 16” Marlin 336Y, it’s currently in pieces and the barreled action and mag tube are off being coated magpul OD green. It will be a 3 tone rifle when I get it back together. Green with a brown wood stock and forend and black accents. Would I have normally done that no, but it’s getting done on the cheap and it had a lil rust anyway.

I know that they all serve a functional purpose, but I have always thought that the Winchester’s proportions just felt ideal in the hands. I have at least one Henry, several Marlins, a slew of Winchesters and a couple of Ubertis. I personally favor a more slender fore stock but at the end of the day none of them will make me cry. I still like my Daisy Ricochet Rifle which was my first lever gun. 😁

Maybe a browning BLR? It’s not traditional, but you’d have access to calibers you likely already reload and fit your can. They make threaded models, but most of those are over budget if you can find one. But a used plain Jane common caliber blr should be within budget. They’re handy AF if you can get over the odd look.

Stereotypical "this isn't what you're looking for"
Remington 7400 in 30-06

I'm just a traditionalist when it comes to lever guns. I'd really like to see an affordable lever gun in .460 and/or .500 S&W. I don't have a Big Horn Armory budget and it would just be a fun toy...and an expensive toy to shoot...anyway. I like the big bore lever rifles. I often kick myself for selling my 1895 in .405 Win.
I got to shoot a 45/70 lever action at Canadian Ranges one time and wow is the mechanics of how it works cool as hell.

Seems that since John Wicks lastest movie everyone wants one and make it tacticool. The prices of them just keeps going up and up.

Haven't seen any big bore ones like you said is desirable, if you did find one can you mitigate the recoil?

I haven't had much luck. Best I got one time was a cut on taxes.

If I wasn't such a tight ass it wouldn't constantly be an issue, but alas, I squeak when I walk.

They got a pistol I want, and it's prolly worth what they're asking, I just don't wanna pay that much. I suk.

ETA - but, a discount that covers the tax is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I got them to take 100 off on a Bergara .300 PRC that had sat there for almost a year. Ended up not getting it which was a bad decision. I really wanted that rifle

Well drove out to Cushing to pick up the stainless lever I seen. all I got to say is I should have bought it when I seen it the second time I was there. it gone now so the search continues.

Well drove out to Cushing to pick up the stainless lever I seen. all I got to say is I should have bought it when I seen it the second time I was there. it gone now so the search continues.
Blue color on western had some Rossi stainless levers last time I was there but a lil high I think. I don’t remember if big boys did yesterday or not.

Blue color on western had some Rossi stainless levers last time I was there but a lil high I think. I don’t remember if big boys did yesterday or not.
This one was a stainless Rossi with a big lever loop. it was 600. the guy has great prices but I just procrastinated to long. I’ll check them ou. Went to village tactical and they were all but wiped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.