What's new

OMAD and did my first cold plunge this morning

Pochanaquarhip

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
Started July off with a fresh start. Been an emotional last couple months so I’ve fell off the diet but July 1st was my reset day and I did OMAD and that was a ribeye steak and some squash and jalepenos. I’m eating very few vegetables and only eating them if it’s what I grow, I didn’t even eat all of that squash on the plate

IMG_5962.jpeg

The bigger news is I received an Ice Pod yesterday. I was able to use my HSA on it so figured it’s a good buy. I woke up at 5:15am and filled that bitch up with ice this morning and took a dip. Water felt like it was 60°, I’ll put the thermometer in it next time to make sure but WOW I feel great! Can’t wait for tomorrow morning to do it again! I woke up with a headache and the cold plunge just about knocked that out.

IMG_5966.jpeg

This is what I have except mines the 2.0 version.

Started July off with a fresh start. Been an emotional last couple months so I’ve fell off the diet but July 1st was my reset day and I did OMAD and that was a ribeye steak and some squash and jalepenos. I’m eating very few vegetables and only eating them if it’s what I grow, I didn’t even eat all of that squash on the plate

View attachment 5964

The bigger news is I received an Ice Pod yesterday. I was able to use my HSA on it so figured it’s a good buy. I woke up at 5:15am and filled that bitch up with ice this morning and took a dip. Water felt like it was 60°, I’ll put the thermometer in it next time to make sure but WOW I feel great! Can’t wait for tomorrow morning to do it again! I woke up with a headache and the cold plunge just about knocked that out.

View attachment 5965

This is what I have except mines the 2.0 version.
Good for you! I’m proud! More ppl need to be think, acting and eating healthy

Are you running an ice maker or using bagged ice?

Polar bear club every morn.

Reminds me of sweat lodge in cold of winter,

Come out of it sweltering hot & sweating buckets then run over & jump into stock tank or pond full of ice water.

Makes you feel a bit tingly.

Polar bear club every morn.

Reminds me of sweat lodge in cold of winter,

Come out of it sweltering hot & sweating buckets then run over & jump into stock tank or pond full of ice water.

Makes you feel a bit tingly.
Living in OK, I should probably be more attuned to the customs. Is this a normal, historical custom to go from sweat to cold?

I haven't studied this but seem to be hearing it more - some ice bath some cold showers.

Honestly it sounds pretty miserable. Is that the point or is there a physiological angle here?

I haven't studied this but seem to be hearing it more - some ice bath some cold showers.

Honestly it sounds pretty miserable. Is that the point or is there a physiological angle here?
Something to do with cold shock proteins and muscle recovery. I know a guy who claims it has tripled his testosterone count. Mentally it’s tough to do, so by forcing yourself to do it, you’re forcing yourself into (relative) adversity. When you start your day off with adversity/something hard to do, the rest of the daily crap is easier to do. I have a real hard time describing it through text, but you’re essentially changing your mental baseline for the day.

Living in OK, I should probably be more attuned to the customs. Is this a normal, historical custom to go from sweat to cold?
Customs/cultures/reasons it depends on tribe, and when & for what it is being done.

Lots of reasons why sweat lodge is done. and/or whom is officiating the lodge.

I don't take an daily icewater bath/soak,

during hot summer I do take a cold shower in morning to wake & brighten me up for a days work.

Basically you get a dopamine fix when you make your dick and balls shrivel up from the cold water. 10/10 would recommend.

I’ve only tried it once, water was in the high 30s and my feet couldn’t take it. I’d try it again with something on my feet to insulate them.

One meal a day was how I was raised working on the weekends with my dad. You left well before first light, ate when you got home well after dark, and you could drink water but it was on you to bring it.

I’m literally stupid in these types of things: how does this differ from cryo therapy other than wet vs dry?

Go check out Wim Hoff. He’s the guy who kind of brought it to life forefront most recently. He has some breathing techniques associated with the practice as he does it, but his results are remarkable.