What's new

Food & Stuff

Are you trying not to offend @Ndenway? That’s a tomahawk.
Be quite offended if you cook that steak 🥩 beyond rare,

Sear it fast & crisp like mad on the outside and be Goddamned sure it's blood red and mooing throughout the middle, while it sits resting a bit top it with a big dab garlic butter,

It'll be just fine with a side of garlic butter covered grilled steak fries, a loaded salad with blue cheese and a yeast roll,

After dinner a cup of boiled strong black ☕,

Then when it's settled, got to have a pipe of good tobacco or cigar & glass of good scotch.

Be quite offended if you cook that steak 🥩 beyond rare,

Sear it fast & crisp like mad on the outside and be Goddamned sure it's blood red and mooing throughout the middle, while it sits resting a bit top it with a big dab garlic butter,

It'll be just fine with a side of garlic butter covered grilled steak fries, a loaded salad with blue cheese and a yeast roll,

After dinner a cup of boiled strong black ☕,

Then when it's settled, got to have a pipe of good tobacco or cigar & glass of good scotch.
Ended up a nice rare, almost a blue rare. Topped it in the grill with homemade compound butter, with black garlic and butter I churned myself. My scratch garlic mashed potatoes loaded with sour cream, bacon, butter, and green onions. IMG_4334.jpeg

Cowboy and tomahawk steaks are funny because you pay extra for the weight of the bone and it doesn’t add any flavor to the meat. It’s just “cool factor”.

I had a cheeseburger from our new Whataburger, just letting yall tomahawk/cowboy steak bastards know.

I don’t know what it is but I’ve never had good experiences at whataburger

I had a cheeseburger from our new Whataburger, just letting yall tomahawk/cowboy steak bastards know.
Hahahaha I had a Wendy's dave's double cheese burger, fries and a cherry coke my woman picked up for dinner.

Not great, but pretty good.

$9/lb of 🥩, I'll have a porterhouse bout 2" thick

Blech rare steak is way too chewy and gristly unless it's a good filet cut. Never saw the appeal.

The reason we use heat to cook is because it breaks down protein strands so you get an easier chew.

You guys really don't need to be imitating these guys. Civilization has benefits.

wolf-eating-meat.jpg

Blech rare steak is way too chewy and gristly unless it's a good filet cut. Never saw the appeal.

The reason we use heat to cook is because it breaks down protein strands so you get an easier chew.

You guys really don't need to be imitating these guys. Civilization has benefits.

wolf-eating-meat.jpg

If you like your steaks well done then gtfo

wolf-eating-meat.jpg

You want beef well done, then that's how you want it.

I prefer beef, buffalo, deer & elk steaks seared crisp on outside, rare on inside.

Only pork, coon, squirrel, rabbits, fowl & fish I cook well done.

I've ate bear, moose, gator, rattlesnake & other game animals others have cooked well done, tasted pretty good, but was bit tough & chewy.

Man if ya’ll don’t eat your chicken medium rare you’re missing out. Might as well throw anything more cooked in the trash. It’s the only way to eat moist, juicy chicken.

Man if ya’ll don’t eat your chicken medium rare you’re missing out. Might as well throw anything more cooked in the trash. It’s the only way to eat moist, juicy chicken.
When you know how to cook whole 🐔,

they come outta the smoker, oven or rotisserie browned. Moist & juicy.

I got to use a temp probe when I cook them, once internal hits 160deg,

bird comes out of the cooker onto a plate & covered while the sides get fixed/cooked.

Bout 20min temp rises to 165 give or take a degree or three, don't matter the bird still moist & juicy.

Hell when I fry, smoke, bake or grill wings, legs & thighs, I got to set specific temp & time, when I don't I tend to over cook'em,

I still eat the over cooked chicken, just have to use bbq sauce or other dipping sauces to flavor up the tough chewy chicken pieces.

Wild duck, geese and turkeys take a bit different prep & cook time from the store bought birds.

If you like your steaks well done then gtfo
You want beef well done, then that's how you want it.

I prefer beef, buffalo, deer & elk steaks seared crisp on outside, rare on inside.

Only pork, coon, squirrel, rabbits, fowl & fish I cook well done.

I've ate bear, moose, gator, rattlesnake & other game animals others have cooked well done, tasted pretty good, but was bit tough & chewy.

Show me where I said I eat mine well done.

But eating that shit rare is a sign of something wrong.