What's new

Food & Stuff

🆒, have to give that a try in the pitboss

I’ve never done skin on, but I’ve smoked some pork belly till it was rendered crispy on the belly side and the “recipe” was similar- sweet and spicy. It was erotic.

I'm waiting on a new controller for my smoker and gonna give it a whirl ASAP

Anybody made this? Is it a amazing as my brain thinks it is???

Chicharron burnt end pork belly

I've had something very similar, with a little less crunch. I guess more of a smoked/braised approach. It was served to me with some pickled watermelon rinds. Too rich not to eat with some pickles of some sort. Was to die for. I legit still think about it, and come this summer, I'm gonna make it happen.

Thin cut chuck cooked like Kalbi, petchu (cabbage) kimchi, bap (rice) and some rabbit chow on the side

1710206420420.png

Reactions: GC7
I’ve been on a huge kimchi kick recently, been eating it every day. Homemade or store bought?
We get it in plastic bags fresh made at HMart in Carrollton. Sometimes she’ll make it but not often.

We get it in plastic bags fresh made at HMart in Carrollton. Sometimes she’ll make it but not often.
I had no idea that was there. I need to go check it out next time I'm in the area. Typically on my way out of DFW I find myself focused on getting to the Colony to eat L&L BBQ.

Reactions: GC7
I had no idea that was there. I need to go check it out next time I'm in the area. Typically on my way out of DFW I find myself focused on getting to the Colony to eat L&L BBQ.
This one is at the intersection of Old Denton Road and the GW in Carrollton in Korea Town. It’s not far from The Colony. After bbq and Scheels, cruise down to Carrollton. You gotta go that way anyways to get on 35 back to the city.

There’s one in Plano too off of 75

HMart

Last edited:
L&L!!! Give me a BBQ and Seafood combo, side of lau lau, and extra mac salad!

This one is at the intersection of Old Denton Road and the GW in Carrollton in Korea Town. It’s not far from The Colony. After bbq and Scheels, cruise down to Carrollton. You gotta go that way anyways to get on 35 back to the city.

There’s one in Plano too off of 75

HMart

Plano Hmart is less of a clusterfuck for parking lol. It's also just down the road from Mitsuwa which is the only proper Japanese grocery store in this region.

Plano Hmart is less of a clusterfuck for parking lol. It's also just down the road from Mitsuwa which is the only proper Japanese grocery store in this region.
We’ll stop there if we aren’t gonna stop for chow or any other stuff when we’re in Allen. Otherwise we go to Carrollton. Parking is easy, I always park at the end and walk an extra 50’.