What's new

Food & Stuff

Eight Elite Lager (Troy Aikman’s beer) is coming to Oklahoma. I’m not a fan of the ultra-light beers, but I have it on good authority that Troy Aikman will be promoting his beer in OKC next week. How do I know this you ask? I promised that I wouldn’t reveal the details until next week, but it involves my oldest son and his marketing company. I can hopefully share some videos next week. Anyway, I just wanted to brag a bit. No OU/Troy Aikman comments are necessary @JD8

Eight Elite Lager (Troy Aikman’s beer) is coming to Oklahoma. I’m not a fan of the ultra-light beers, but I have it on good authority that Troy Aikman will be promoting his beer in OKC next week. How do I know this you ask? I promised that I wouldn’t reveal the details until next week, but it involves my oldest son and his marketing company. I can hopefully share some videos next week. Anyway, I just wanted to brag a bit. No OU/Troy Aikman comments are necessary @JD8
That's pretty cool

I had tri tip last night too. I did a basic dry rub with a heavy chipotle kick. Turned out ok, but nowhere near as tender as I’ve made happen in the past. I think I have the cooking process wrong.

View attachment 3736
What was your internal?

Normally, I smoke to 120 then sear up to 135 and let it rest. It gets to about 140 before I cut it. I know that sounds like balsamy, but something about Tri-Tip at 140 is so much tenderer (That a word)

What was your internal?

Normally, I smoke to 120 then sear up to 135 and let it rest. It gets to about 140 before I cut it. I know that sounds like balsamy, but something about Tri-Tip at 140 is so much tenderer (That a word)
I was going for a slow BBQ, I usually try to keep it down around 225°, but I’m having a hell of a time getting the hang of my new charcoal grill and this new charcoal. So I was at 275-300. I checked the meat at 98° internal, indirect heat, juggling online class and dogs at the same time. Checked it 7 minutes later, was at 140°. Pulled it immediately, wrapped in foil and threw it in the cooler for an hour.

I was going for a slow BBQ, I usually try to keep it down around 225°, but I’m having a hell of a time getting the hang of my new charcoal grill and this new charcoal. So I was at 275-300. I checked the meat at 98° internal, indirect heat, juggling online class and dogs at the same time. Checked it 7 minutes later, was at 140°. Pulled it immediately, wrapped in foil and threw it in the cooler for an hour.
I bet it was better than @caliberbob brisket 😉

Evidence of your culinary mastery?
You think I was gonna take pictures of my brisket and post that smokehouse perfection on here? Half the animals on here would be nutting all over their phone. The other half would be doing forensics on the pic to see what was wrong with it (nothing btw). It was a lose, lose for me lol

You think I was gonna take pictures of my brisket and post that smokehouse perfection on here? Half the animals on here would be nutting all over their phone. The other half would be doing forensics on the pic to see what was wrong with it (nothing btw). It was a lose, lose for me lol
1708573200298.gif

Fiddy min wait at Plantation…nice day and evening and all the peeps and weirdos are out in Medicine Park.